SAY GOODBYE HERSHEY (say it aint so)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
SAY GOODBYE HERSHEY

A sad story for those of us who remember growing up with Hershey bars, and just as sad for the generations of today. What will be outsourced next?
Pennsylvania is a big state, but it amazes me in this day, how some news doesn't make it over the
mountain to the front page of our papers or the top
Of our news hours in Western Pennsylvania.

Milton Hershey, this year, will be joining H. J Heinz in rolling over in his grave. Hershey Chocolate is moving to MEXICO...whoopee! They're even closing down Hershey Canada. Don't buy any more Hershey Bars. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup s are my favorite and they are made by Hershey. But, I will not purchase Another one!

M.S. Hershey had a dream... I will buy my OWN Sugar, Milk, Cocoa beans, (all natural mind you!)
and make candy...(no tariffs etc..) EVEN during the depression...HE and the Company made money...NOW some Corporate big wigs are ruining the name... AND the product M.S. created...
Please pass it on...What a bunch of college educated "idiots".

Thank you M.S. Hershey for all the things I have and all you have done for me and my family..."I" do appreciate it... as for "Dick" Lenny and Company .good luck you greedy, money loving BASTARDS ..you are ruining the name, the company, and MANY lives in central Pennsylvania....
read on...Enough is Enough!

So Hershey executives are closing plants in the US ,laying off over a thousand people, and destroying Mr. Hershey's dream, all to cut labor, material costs and AVOID PAYING ANY US TAXES!
The company will save about $170 million a year, all on the backs of the American people. The top
executives will still make their mega bucks and the laid off workers will have to find other jobs, some probably at minimum wage due to their age. All this to take their jobs to India, China and Mexico, So
WHAT part of the "GREAT" American Chocolate Bar is left?...NOTHING! These countries are no
doubt laughing at the Americans, who they don't like anyway. How long are the American people
going to sit around and let big corporations do this to us? We must all b and together and let our Politicians in Washington know we have had it with NAFTA, CAFTA and "SHAFTA" and we won't take it any longer!

Please, do not buy any Hershey product! If the company wants to take the work to these countries,
then let those countries buy the product. We don't need it!

Hershey's Chocolate Is Moving Some Operations from the U.S. to Mexico-Truth!

Summary of the eRumor:

The eRumor laments that the American Hershey company that makes Hershey chocolate products is moving to Mexico.

The Truth:

There is a significant move by Hershey from the United States to Mexico in what the company calls a "global supply-chain transformation." Not all the operations are making the move but according to a June, 2007 article in the Los Angeles Times about 3,000 of the company's 13,000 employees will be cut.

About 900 workers are to lose their jobs in the company's home town of Hershey, Pennsylvania and the Hershey plant in Oakdale, California, is closing down. Operations there are being moved to Monterrey, Mexico.

The times quotes Hershey CEO Richard Lenny as saying that labor costs in Mexico are 10 percent less than in the U.S. and that by 2010 the changes will save shareholders $190 million.

So....we can expect to be paying less for Hershey's products now???? When the phukin companies move you never see the cost of their products come down. Greedy bastards. Hope they all die. :twisted:

Along that same line, I read yesterday that Circuit City's bone head move of laying (firing) all their experianced sales people (long time employees) and hiring lower cost new people has backfired.
Customers have gone elsewhere with their money. Probably didn't like blank stares to asked questions.
I went through that BS with Seimens. :evil:

Uncle Bubba said:
So....we can expect to be paying less for Hershey's products now???? When the phukin companies move you never see the cost of their products come down. Greedy bastards. Hope they all die. :twisted:

aren't those the same greedy bastards that sign your paycheck? Like it or not companies are in business to make money. And if it costs you "x" amount of dollars to make widgets in Kansas and you find its going to cost you "y" amount to make widgets in Mexico, guess where the widgets are going to be made. I think it sucks as much as the next guy but the alternative would be for the state/government to run everything and redistribute wealth as they see fit...and we all know how well things work under that system.

i get my chocolate right up the road from me at Munson's chocolates, Bolton, Ct.

www.munsonschocolates.com

good stuff

Hershey's to me is kinda like eating candle wax....

didn't chocolate originally come from Mexico, or somewhere in Latin America?

Rob

Greg Rempe said:
Puff said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":251y5ekq]
Puff said:
Read this a while ago............what's next to go?

I thought about selling the forum to Mexico! ;)
Lots of employment down there ;)

I was thinking about the money more then the employment.... :shock:[/quote:251y5ekq]
Learn to speak Spanish and rethink it :D

Well if folks would quit voting for commie liberals these type problemos would cure themselves.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom