Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I’m going to take advantage of this unseasonably cool weather to make some Polish Sausage tomorrow. I’m going to do a small batch about 30 lbs.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Can I test some Friday? =P~
You can test some on Friday.
Tomorrow and Wednesday my house is going to smell like the Broadway Market. Pigs if you want to come play tomorrow you are welcome to come help make it. We are making it right after I get out of work. If not you can test it on Friday.
Yes Puff 30 lbs is about a half of a batch of what I usually make. I made 70 lbs for Easter and I have none left. I won’t eat store bought sausage any more. It’s kind of like the Crock O Q . IMHO

wittdog said:
Tomorrow and Wednesday my house is going to smell like the Broadway Market. Pigs if you want to come play tomorrow you are welcome to come help make it. We are making it right after I get out of work. If not you can test it on Friday.
Yes Puff 30 lbs is about a half of a batch of what I usually make. I made 70 lbs for Easter and I have none left. I won’t eat store bought sausage any more. It’s kind of like the Crock O Q . IMHO
Dog, there is a thing called vac sealing, freezing and the U.S. Mail :!:
Are you picking up the hint? :wwnn:

Puff said:
wittdog said:
My neighbor goes to Detroit usually twice in the summer for Tigers games. I might be able to do something for you. If not you can come get a sample. That’s what Joker and John Pen did. And Pigs is going to do Friday.

wittdog said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:
My neighbor goes to Detroit usually twice in the summer for Tigers games. I might be able to do something for you. If not you can come get a sample. That’s what Joker and John Pen did. And Pigs is going to do Friday.
Sweet :!:
For a sample it would have to be a weekend trip for me #-o

Puff said:
wittdog said:
Puff said:
wittdog said:
Sweet :!:
For a sample it would have to be a weekend trip for me #-o

We can do weekends....We like to party. I'm on vacation the 2nd and 3rd weeks in August.

Well I got off to a late star and ran into some problems with the casings. The casings were real thin and of a small diameter. They are almost to small for polish sausage, they would be nice for oversized breakfast sausage but I had to go with what I had. We used a 5lb stuffer from the Sausage Maker to but the sausage in the casings. The stuffer works so well that my 4 year old did the cranking while I packed the meat and guided the sausage. I am using my electric smoke house from The Sausage Maker. The sausage will dry for an hour at 120* and then smoke for about 4 hrs at 145* and will finish cooking at 165* without smoke. I‘ll post pics tomorrow of the completed sausage. I also have another batch to smoke tomorrow.

Boy howdy, Does that look good! =P~
You’ll find out on Friday. If you check my thread on my Easter feast you’ll see what the finished product looks like, or you can wait to see the pics tomorrow.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I have always wanted to do fresh sausage. How about posting the recipie? [-o<
Bill do you want to do fresh sausage or smoked? There is a difference in the ingredients. The recipe is an old family recipe.........................................................I'll post it when I have time it is a very simple one........

wittdog said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
I have always wanted to do fresh sausage. How about posting the recipie? [-o<
Bill do you want to do fresh sausage or smoked? There is a difference in the ingredients. The recipe is an old family recipe.........................................................I'll post it when I have time it is a very simple one........

Sorry, fresh SMOKED sausage. I have a huge vertical smoker that would be good for hanging sausage in.

I had some of Witt's "Easter Sausage" for dinner last night..definetly a winner....Now I just have to concoct a smoker that'll do those low temps...

Just got the call...wife and kids gonna be out late...Looks like witt sausage for me for dinner. The stuffs like crack..I hate to see what my next fix will cost me one this batch is gone...

john pen said:
Just got the call...wife and kids gonna be out late...Looks like witt sausage for me for dinner. The stuffs like crack..I hate to see what my next fix will cost me one this batch is gone...

The price of gas to West Seneca, a couple of hours of your time, some adult bevs and some of those ABT's ought to cover it. :grin: and bring Jean.

john pen said:

OH MAN! Is that a jar of Webers Hot Texan Sandwitch Sauce I see there? I love the stuff!

Back
Top Bottom