Sauce for the Troops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Most folks here already know how good Reverend Marvins Gourment BBQ Sauce is and how big of a fan I am personally. I am a very close personal friend of Woody Lynch the owner of Rev's and he is one of the most genuine, kind, caring, etc., people you'll ever meet.

Woody and his Family, including the 'Reverend Marvin' himself have started an AWESOME program to show our support, thanks and gratitude to our Troops proudly and bravely serving throughout the Middle East and all over the world. It's called Sauce For The Troops. Click the link and read the story, program and how it works. Basically, make a Donation as little or as much as you like. Your donations add up and Reverend Marvins Sauce's are sent to our Troops for a taste of the Good Old South and home, the U.S. of A. I cannot think of a better way to show your thanks and gratitude to our brave and pround men and women serving throughout the Middle East and all over the world. This is not a money making program, it is to benefit the Service Members.

P.S. - If you have a specific soldier you want your sauce sent to, you can provide that APO information along with your donation and the sauce will be shipped to them specifically!

God Bless America!

Woody, I can't thank you and your family enough for what you are doing.
My "little" girl (Still a little girl in my eyes) ships out in January with the United States Air Force.
She's excited....me not so much but I know in my heart she has a job to do and for that I am a very, very, proud Father.
Keep up the great work!
Larry, thanks for posting this.

Well guess the good Reverend did not fall for the brilliant idear of sending the recipe on how to make the stuff to General Petraus along with a notarized pledge for him to keep his mouf shut...waivers from lawyers etc. Think how much could have been saved on the shipping. Would be enough to send em a few herds of swine to have an excuse to use it on pushed pork. Course it could be good on Camel too. Who knows?

Goober

Goober said:
Well guess the good Reverend did not fall for the brilliant idear of sending the recipe on how to make the stuff to General Petraus along with a notarized pledge for him to keep his mouf shut...waivers from lawyers etc. Think how much could have been saved on the shipping. Would be enough to send em a few herds of swine to have an excuse to use it on pushed pork. Course it could be good on Camel too. Who knows?

Goober

Not sure how this post helps the cause and I would like it removed. I'm a Joker, but not when it comes to hurting my friends business or taking something away from the men and women who are serving our country proud. There's a time and place for joking, this isn't one.

Larry, thanks so much for posting this. Honestly, we're only doing what anyone else would do. It's a great feeling every week when I drop off the shipments at the Post Office (not so much for the folks in line behind me, though. LOL)
Puff- thanks so much for the kind words. We all wish your daughter the best. I know you're a proud father. You should be.

Well joking around on such a topic would be rude and crude, but I don't know anybody that's joking. Fortunately them old military Cookies are purty smart folks on flavor combos. If the magic elixir in question is as as popular and palatable as alleged sure it won't take them long to clone it once they get their hands on a sample. Joe Ames could have it psychoanalyzed and mass produced in no time. Sadly for us he is having a cool one at the big NCO Club in the sky, but sure there are others out there which are nearly as astute as him.

Goober

Goober said:
Well joking around on such a topic would be rude and crude, but I don't know anybody that's joking. Fortunately them old military Cookies are purty smart folks on flavor combos. If the magic elixir in question is as as popular and palatable as alleged sure it won't take them long to clone it once they get their hands on a sample. Joe Ames could have it psychoanalyzed and mass produced in no time. Sadly for us he is having a cool one at the big NCO Club in the sky, but sure there are others out there which are nearly as astute as him.

Goober

NICK and SCOTTY, I think we found #2......... ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom