Sauce Contest Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I would like to see approximately how many people are going to enter the contest so I can see if we will have enough people to offer two Primo Grills for first and second place winners.

If BGE was involved in something like this, they would probably throw in some of DrBBQ's dry rub. :thumbsup [smilie=hump.gif] [smilie=a_doh.gif] [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

the list of other prizes will grow (hopefully)

I'd vote but I can't be in the contest.

How did I end up running this thing?
I only mentioned it because I wanted to enter
my sauce!

I voted yes but it depends on how many folks enter. While a Primo for $20 is a great value, if 50,000 folks enter I'd be better off buying lottery tickets :LOL: Plus, there are a few ringers here -would Cappy have to come up with a new sauce since ya'll know what his secret sauce tastes like ;)

DATsBBQ said:
I voted yes but it depends on how many folks enter. While a Primo for $20 is a great value, if 50,000 folks enter I'd be better off buying lottery tickets :LOL: Plus, there are a few ringers here -would Cappy have to come up with a new sauce since ya'll know what his secret sauce tastes like ;)

I don't think we have to worry about that.

Finney said:
You'll be lucky if you get enough people to offer one. Are you crazy thinking about two? :roll:
There are enough people on this site to make it work... just not enough that will do it.

Always the pessimist! :roll:

Where do we send the money? Is shipping the Primo to Fla. included?

Oz said:
Where do we send the money? Is shipping the Primo to Fla. included?

Details are still in the works for a central payment location. Yes shipping is included.

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
You'll be lucky if you get enough people to offer one. Are you crazy thinking about two? :roll:
There are enough people on this site to make it work... just not enough that will do it.

Or the realist. 8) I can figure about how many people entering it would take to pay for a Primo and I know what shipping costs (you need 15 people to enter just to pay the shipping on two)... therefore I can figure about how many people you need to enter to cover that. One maybe, two... I think you got "pie in the sky" :roll: dreams. But good luck to you. I like my chances to win "something" if there is more than one prize. :D

Larry Wolfe said:
I would like to see approximately how many people are going to enter the contest so I can see if we will have enough people to offer two Primo Grills for first and second place winners.

Ok I Voted BOY!.

What The hell is Primo any damm way? :?

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":163ix6sh]I would like to see approximately how many people are going to enter the contest so I can see if we will have enough people to offer two Primo Grills for first and second place winners.

Ok I Voted BOY!.

What The hell is Primo any damm way? :?[/quote:163ix6sh]
A fancy cermaic cooker

this is not a money making venture...Larry will end up losing
money, but if it's close it'll be worthwhile...maybe the start
of a big contest with him as the sponsor. I doubt we'll get
enough for 2 grills, but if there is enough money to cover the
cost of the grill, any money left over would go directly to me.

kidding. We'll either throw in all the accessories or maybe
just give cash to 2nd and 3rd place.

remember, anyone with commercial rubs are sauces are
encouraged to donate a little sumpin sumpin for the prize
packages....you will receive marketing value for this,
even if it's just a bottle of rub or sauce that you donate.

Finney said:

There was a contest a year ago or so and the entry fee was $5...2 people entered. :shock:

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:

Or the realist. 8) I can figure about how many people entering it would take to pay for a Primo and I know what shipping costs (you need 15 people to enter just to pay the shipping on two)... therefore I can figure about how many people you need to enter to cover that. One maybe, two... I think you got "pie in the sky" :roll: dreams. But good luck to you. I like my chances to win "something" if there is more than one prize. :D

Maybe instead of the negative comments you could spread the word to all your BBQ friends and help this work! Rather than guessing how much this and that cost. :D

Why don't you only offer one Primo and save the other one for another contest :roll: if taking 2nd place gets you the same thing as first place what's the point of trying to win? You'll have a 2 and how ever many people enter chance.

I don't make my own sauce....there's too much good $hit out there for me to try and make a sauce I'll end up ruining anyway :LOL:

SteerCrazy said:
Why don't you only offer one Primo and save the other one for another contest :roll: if taking 2nd place gets you the same thing as first place what's the point of trying to win? You'll have a 2 and how ever many people enter chance.

It wouldn't be the same model Primo or it would be a lesser of a package. Maybe just the grill vs. a package deal. I'm just trying to work the best prize or prize's I can in a effort to help a fellow Q'er get a very nice grill for next to nothing as well as promote Primo Grills and Smokers. If you guys only want one grill, that's fine with me. I just thought offering two grills would be nicer and more incentive for folks to join.

Back
Top Bottom