Sauce Contest Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":bxfkwqat]33..7 more entries and we can get the big Primo instead of the Jr.

Not to be the downer here Cappy but, dont count your Primo's till the money is in. ;)[/quote:bxfkwqat]

No wonder you and Finney hate eachother! You're both negatives SOB's! :roll:

Captain Morgan said:
33..7 more entries and we can get the big Primo instead of the Jr.
Jim that would be only 9 more votes for us to be able to offer the XL if everyone really enters like they're saying! We need 42 paid entries in order to offer the XL Primo Oval and 30 paid entries to offer the Primo Oval Jr!

Update to everyone - Jim is home priming himself with Miller Lites, he's going to go over the rules with LeaAnn Wippen this afternoon after the lunch crowd dies down.

Who ever want's in just have them say it publicly...then if they back out..we give them the business....some kind of FATZ sanction.....Just my .02

I'm in ...but Jim's gunna win. Lee Ann loves his sauce, and if we send it right to the judge, then she's gunna know who made what sauce. How can we make it a blind judging? ... send to a 3rd party with an extra payment for s/h to Lee Ann...after the postage evidence has been removed?

wittdog said:
Who ever want's in just have them say it publicly...then if they back out..we give them the business....some kind of FATZ sanction.....Just my .02

I think that's a good idea! Especially with the prizes other than the Primo that Jim and I are working on! Speak up people, this is gonna turn out to be a very very top knotch prize winning contest!

wittdog said:

nothing wrong with a little public humiliation...perhaps there could be some sort of a flogging also ?

ScottyDaQ said:
I'm in ...but Jim's gunna win. Lee Ann loves his sauce, and if we send it right to the judge, then she's gunna know who made what sauce. How can we make it a blind judging? ... send to a 3rd party with an extra payment for s/h to Lee Ann...after the postage evidence has been removed?

No woman wants, or loves Jim's sauce. :roll:

ScottyDaQ said:

I think this is a great idea. Jim had already mentioned having all of the sauces mailed to him and he would ship to Lea Ann in one shipment. It would have to be a number system of some sort and that's the only thing that would be put on the bottle when shipped to Jim. For instance, when you send in your entry fee I would assign a number and then the participant must put that number only on their bottle in order for it to be a valid entry.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":4k34pptb][quote="Captain Morgan":4k34pptb]33..7 more entries and we can get the big Primo instead of the Jr.

Not to be the downer here Cappy but, dont count your Primo's till the money is in. ;)[/quote:4k34pptb]

No wonder you and Finney hate eachother! You're both negatives SOB's! :roll:[/quote:4k34pptb]

We dont hate each other Larry, we just let you think we do while we actually hate you. :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
ScottyDaQ said:

I think this is a great idea. Jim had already mentioned having all of the sauces mailed to him and he would ship to Lea Ann in one shipment. It would have to be a number system of some sort and that's the only thing that would be put on the bottle when shipped to Jim. For instance, when you send in your entry fee I would assign a number and then the participant must put that number only on their bottle in order for it to be a valid entry.
[smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

So I assume since Jim brought this up...He's going to cover the extra S/H charges for all of us to Lee Ann? :LOL: Or should we include something with the package for him to recoup?

see this is what sucks...I started this idea cause I wanted to enter my sauce in a contest....all of a sudden it gets real big with a huge prize,
and now I don't feel I can enter (cause Lee Ann loves me anyway),
but if we go with a blind judging, I don't mind paying a little shipping.
The question is, she don't know any of you guys, so why the blind judging?
You can't bribe her for a contest with a thousand dollar prize.
Besides, she hates you guys anyway.

Buuut, if you feel strongly, we'll consider a blind judging.
Which means you can bribe me. And I'm bribe-able!

(Kidding of course, for the new members who are entering)

Captain Morgan said:
see this is what sucks...I started this idea cause I wanted to enter my sauce in a contest....all of a sudden it gets real big with a huge prize,

Boy was your thinking flawed... you can't run a contest and be entered in it. "You Big Dummy" - Fred G. Sanford

Finney said:
Captain Morgan said:

Boy was your thinking flawed... you can't run a contest and be entered in it. "You Big Dummy" - Fred G. Sanford
Why not...he's not judging...
and he could post the numbers or give them to someone impartial

Okay, let him enter... If he wins a contest that he's running I'll just sit back and watch the fun while all you guys bitch and whine about it. [smilie=a_crylaugh.gif]

And the posts to enter the sauce contest are gonna be on a lot of forums where people don't know how honest anybody is that has anything to do with the contest. You have to protect yourself from the thought of any wrong doing by keeping anyone involved with the contest out of it. [smilie=icon_deal.gif]

We should let Larry enter also. He can win the Primo that all the people entering have bought from him... that would go over even better. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom