Sam's or Costco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 Olives

Senior Cook
It's pretty much an even trip for me to Sam's or Costco. Which would you choose to be a member of?

costco has better meats and in my opinion nicer merchandise throughout the store... but sams will have better supplies for the caterer

But, costco here only carries boneless boston butts, but their ribs are nicer than sams. But Sams carries alot of the kind of local wines from local wineries. Costco's cakes and bakery are better than sams....

go into both stores and check them out... see what you like best... they will let you browse before joining.

ohhhhhhhhhh... and at Costco, I have the Executive membership which costs 100 bucks a year, but you get 1 or 2% back.... more if you get the american express costco rewards card.... this alone more than pays for the $100 membership fee......don't know if they have that at sams.

It's all BJ's around here. Fifty bones a year. I split it with a bud and we both save. The dudes in the butcher shop are cool! Call them up a day ahead, and go pick it up the next day. They have never let me down.

Pigs

We are a member of both. We have the Executive membership at Costco and we get cash back with them and that always covers the cost of the membership. My wife has a business and I think that one is $35.00. We usually get everything we need a Costco but they don't sell bone in butts or whole packers so I like Sams for that.

I wish Restaurant Depot was an option for me, we don't have one in this state. I go to Costco maily because it is handy.

I'm a Sam's guy mainly becuase it's closest. I really like the Restaurant Depot, but it's downtown and a farther drive. I've only been to a Costco once. It was nice and if there were one near me I'd go, but the closest is Sam's.

I've been a member of both, currently costco. I find myself going to costco more than sam's, but who knows. I don't know if I'll even renew my membership. A hamburger today recently did a positive review on costco ground beef.

Comparing what I have read about both, I like the way Cosco does business. They have a great marketing and management team and they pay thier employees well.

In my view Sams is mo betta for meat and cake while Costco is superior on hard goods. For example a few years back I picked up a big roll of tinfoil at Costco for about eighteen bucks. Sams wanted twenty five. Ace Mart wanted about thirty. Costco has good deals on tables and trash bags too just to name a few. Fortunately I got pals who are members of both so I just borrow whichever card I need so my annual fees are nominal. Costco has a bunch of yankee food like tri trips. Simple huh?

Goober

This past summer I did our association annual bbq at our beach. I priced the food items at Resturant Depot and Costco. Costco came out being more cost effective on 98% of the items purchased.

We had a membership at Sam's and Costco. Let the one at Sam's end. Costco has mo better meats in opinion.
My 2 cents

Costco better quality,
Sam's Club better prices...by a hair.

I keep both just because, as Gary stated, Sam's has more for
the caterer and bone in butts.

Captain Morgan said:
Costco better quality,
Sam's Club better prices...by a hair.

I keep both just because, as Gary stated, Sam's has more for
the caterer and bone in butts.
Are the Butts better than you find in a good grocery store?

Costco...since I don't have a Sam's nearby. My brother and I share the executive membership. Other than a phone fight over who gets the majority of the cash back...it works out pretty good on the return.

We go with the business Sams account. Im pretty happy with it but I am completely unimpressed with Sams ribs. The last 3 times I bought ribs there, there was a GIANT knife scoring on the back side of the ribs and there were also broken bones. Its really cool to show up at competition and find that out. I get ribs from Smartco now, and there Seaboards/ prairy fresh brand name or sumthin.

Back
Top Bottom