Sams Club Gas Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I stopped by the lady's house who is selling the smoker. She has this:
0084026700098_LG.jpg

And this:
810-2600-0.gif

I offered her $250 for the 2. She counter offered $300. What do you guys think?

I think if you want to start cooking on gas, it's a great deal, but my big leg tells me you should probably concentrate on learning charcoal/wood first.

Bruce B said:
I think if you want to start cooking on gas, it's a great deal, but my big leg tells me you should probably concentrate on learning charcoal/wood first.

I am thinking about it for Sausage and Jerkey. The grill will replace the one I have now. My old one is shot.

If they are brand new in the box, I think it's a great deal...that smoker was going for around $400 up here from Sam's and I'm sure the grill, if that's a Weber, is worth at least $2-300(looks like there least expensive line)...so it all depends if you're willing to let loose of the cash.

Do yo think you'll be able to keep the temps low enough in that smoker for sausage? I'm going to give an electric hot plate a try in the WSM.

Bill,
I had that Brinkmann grill and loved it. If that is the same one with the real heavy porcelien coated grates and the cast iron burners and it's in good shape jump on it. I had the Brinkmann Pro Series 2600 and it was the best gas grill I ever had.

I agree with Bruce, if both are new then $300 is a steal...

if used...ask her if she is willing to lose a sale over $50...if she asks if you are, say yes, and start to walk away...or hang up the phone!

Greg Rempe said:
I agree with Bruce, if both are new then $300 is a steal...

if used...ask her if she is willing to lose a sale over $50...if she asks if you are, say yes, and start to walk away...or hang up the phone!

Larry, it is a Pro series 2600 and its in great shape. The smoker has only been used 2 times. I think its a devorce thing and she is getting rid of it. She said that she had an offer on the table for "more than 250" thats why I was going with 300.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1sw2vyyd]I agree with Bruce, if both are new then $300 is a steal...

Larry, it is a Pro series 2600 and its in great shape. The smoker has only been used 2 times. I think its a devorce thing and she is getting rid of it. She said that she had an offer on the table for "more than 250" thats why I was going with 300.[/quote:1sw2vyyd]

I'd offer her $275, meet her half way. Either way I think it's a good deal and you won't be getting ripped off if you end up paying $300.

Bill, it seems you are looking to bargain...so fwiw, being a seasoned sales pro...

It has always been my experience that if someone is telling you they have a deal on the table for more then what they just asked for...THEY ARE LYING!

Tell her you'll give her $250 cash today or your next offer will go down by $50!

OR...give her the $300 and sell the grill for $300 and get you $$ back! ;)

Greg Rempe said:
Bill, it seems you are looking to bargain...so fwiw, being a seasoned sales pro...

It has always been my experience that if someone is telling you they have a deal on the table for more then what they just asked for...THEY ARE LYING!

Tell her you'll give her $250 cash today or your next offer will go down by $50!

Where's Bruces laughing dog when you need it?

Greg Rempe said:

Now that's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Bill, if you want it...just give her the $300 and stop screwing around. If it's worth $250 it's probably worth $300. Seems like a good deal if that's what you want. You'll never notice the $50 but you'll kick yourself for years for walking away for $50...if you REALLY want it.

Back
Top Bottom