Rokers Smokers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like it is stainless. My advice it ....stay away from it. Terrible heat conducter and, smoke stains it!!!You can eventually scrub it off, but it is a pain!

It's too bad that the Food Network doesn't invest in some new programming, I don't know about you but after seeing Al Roker get dumped on for the third time it starts to get a little old.

Just about all their "Grillin' & Chillin'" programming has been reruns. :rant:

I'm with you, Bruce. Got home last night at 9pm after a meeting, flipped it over to FoodTV, and was excited to see Al at MIM. Then...CRAP! It was just another repeat. Seems like just about all their programs are these days. Guess I can always tune to "WE" for some original programming.

The cooker is a Wham Turbo cooker produced by John Willingham. They are a good unit, there are some better choices now days with the Fast Eddie Cookshack pellet cooker unit.

Jim

I don't know about that! I know 2 people who have a FE-100 and there nothing but junk due to constant failure. (electrical component failure) One guy wants his money back because he is in the barbecue business and can't rely on it. The other person caries a ton of parts around and has to constantly baby sit the thing and change parts as they fail. Not my idea of a good pit or a good time.Especially at what the cost of one is! Think I would spend my money on a Backwoods before a Fast Eddy.

I know folks that are running resturants on FE units and are having no problems, been producing 2000 pounds of Q an month on the units for well over a year now. Like any pit that has circut boards and mechanical parts there is a chance of failure. I have a Traeger now and did have to replace a circut board but the pit is over ten years old and have cooked tons of meat in meat it.
Your milage may very.
The problem with keeping it simple if you are production cooking is you never get to sleep and you can't keep that up for long.

Jim

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
I don't know about that! I know 2 people who have a FE-100 and there nothing but junk due to constant failure. (electrical component failure) One guy wants his money back because he is in the barbecue business and can't rely on it. The other person caries a ton of parts around and has to constantly baby sit the thing and change parts as they fail. Not my idea of a good pit or a good time.Especially at what the cost of one is! Think I would spend my money on a Backwoods before a Fast Eddy.

Backwoods is a fine cooker. Check out Stumps when you get a chance. I'm looking at it pretty hard.

Good Q!

Jack

I have seen many, many positive comments regarding Stumps Smokers on various BBQ forums. In fact, I have not heard one negative comment about the product or the customer service.

www.stumpssmokers.com

good price, but not the most mobile looking things. I guess you could mount em on a trailor...I saw an option for that but it was over 6 grand.

Captain Morgan said:
good price, but not the most mobile looking things. I guess you could mount em on a trailor...I saw an option for that but it was over 6 grand.

Mobility is just plain logistics(almost a yogism). Logistics are only problems that can be solved.

Good Q!

Jack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom