Roast Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
It was too cold for me to grill yesterday so I made a bottom round roast in the oven and used the slicer I got for Christmas for the first time and I like it! I seasoned the roast with pepper, kosher salt, onion and garlic power. Cooked in a 450* oven till the internal temp hit 125*, let rest for about 30 minutes and sliced. Had it on Kaiser rolls with thin sliced onions and horseradish.

Finney said:
Looks good.
I ususally do mine at 275*-300*. The lower temp makes for a more consistant doneness outside to inside. Higher temps yield a greater difference in doneness. It depends on what you want.

I've done them both ways and prefer the higher heat. They don't seem as moist to me cooked at lower temps.

Looks good..Ive always been afraid of the bottom roasts...gonna hava to try one now. How big was it ?

john pen said:
Looks good..Ive always been afraid of the bottom roasts...gonna hava to try one now. How big was it ?

John it was just over 5lbs. The trick with the bottom or top round roasts is you must slice them very thin, otherwise they'll be tough.

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
Looks good.
I ususally do mine at 275*-300*. The lower temp makes for a more consistant doneness outside to inside. Higher temps yield a greater difference in doneness. It depends on what you want.

I've done them both ways and prefer the higher heat. They don't seem as moist to me cooked at lower temps.
I haven't had that problem. :)

Larry Wolfe said:
It was too cold for me to grill yesterday so I made a bottom round roast in the oven and used the slicer I got for Christmas for the first time and I like it! I seasoned the roast with pepper, kosher salt, onion and garlic power. Cooked in a 450* oven till the internal temp hit 125*, let rest for about 30 minutes and sliced. Had it on Kaiser rolls with thin sliced onions and horseradish.

Nice work Larry , hope I got the quote thing right now , LOL!!!

WalterSC said:
Larry Wolfe said:

You didn't. :)
I don't know what you're doing wrong, but it's something.
Do you hit the quote button when reply with a quote?

WalterSC said:
Larry Wolfe said:

Walter, don't worry about it! It's funny, and we get to raze you about it!

Walter

Right next to the "submit" is a "preview" button. Hit it first and it will show you exactly what your message will look like when you hit "submit". That way you can experiment until you get it right. Then hit "submit". That's how I learned to get it right -- sometimes.

Griff

Back
Top Bottom