Road trip...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
In about two and a half weeks, Im flying down to DC to pick up my MIL and drive her home to FLA (Ft Meyers area). We'll be heading down 95, cutting across 10 in Jacksonville and then down 75. Anyone want to suggest a GOOD place for this yankee boy to try some southern bbq that wont be to far off the interstate...?

Drop a line to Kevin at Homebbq.com...I can't imagine you'd find anything better in Florida! He's in Oviedo, FL. (Gulf Side) ;)

Brian you better stock up on beer and food if JP is coming....and make up a honey do list he will work for food. :D

brian j said:
can't help with the interstate bbq but if you got the time come on out to ranch for a visit.

Brian,
Thanks for the invite, but this trip is usually a quick run...Ill fly into DC monday afternoon, leave there around 5am tuesday and be in Ft. Myers tuesday night...

I saw alot of billboard signs for this place called Risque Cafe in Florida. It seemed to be very popular with the truckers so the food must have been good! :LOL:

When you get to Richmond, VA get onto 60 East. About exit 234 (about 30 to 40 minutes from 95) you'll see signs for Pierces BBQ. They still do it the old way over open pits. Some fine 'que there.

Tim

First place to stop heading South will be my house. I live 20 miles south of DC and 3 miles off of I-95. This is the best BBQ around and I will have some ready for ya'll if'n you can stop.
:LOL:

Or you can go another 30 miles and hit Alman's BBQ in Fredericksburg, Virginia. That's right off the Highway too.

peace
<><

Mike, that'd put us at your place around 5:30am...It's sounding like Im gonna have to kidnap Mr. and Mrs. Witt with my motorhome and do a weekend roadtrip to Va. !!!

john pen said:
http://www.kevinhammond.com/bbq/TheGAPig/index.htm[/url]

The location sounds good for me..you been there and recomending it ?[/quote:366k2xfo]

Been there a number of times, always good. It's been about a year since I was last there so it's probably gone to ^%$# since I'm recommending it.
Give it a try, don't be put off by the exterior appearance.

Back
Top Bottom