RIP my snowblower!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Well it's monday, got a butt load a snow, so work sent us home. Start the snow blower an the auger belt breaks. Go get a new belt, pull the dern thin in half ta install new belt. Get it all put tagether an start it up, shreds new belt. Drive train is all wore out. Oiiee, take an load er up in the truck an off ta the shop. I have a feelin this is the end my friend, this is the end!

Ain't got no used ones round these parts this time a year an new is crazy. Hopin they can revive the old goat!

I can't complain, man has that thin blowed a butt load a snow! I spend on average 3 ta 3 1/2 hours blowin when the white stuff makes an appearence.

Good Lawdy that is a sad story. My leaf blower let me down this summer. It stripped out the gas cap on the tank. Both parts plastic. Now it dribbles gas every where. I have had it for severals but only used it twice. If it say Weed Eater on it..don't buy it. Hey...I have an idear. Why dont you leave the snow alone and just wait for the spring thaw? Thats how we would handle it here in God's Country if faced with a similar dielemma. Or charge kids to let them build a snow man out of it and pay 20 bucks to the Grand Prize Winner. That should work too. In fact somebody on here had a sign made up for free snow I think.

bigwheel

Hillbilly said:
Well it's monday, got a butt load a snow, so work sent us home. Start the snow blower an the auger belt breaks. Go get a new belt, pull the dern thin in half ta install new belt. Get it all put tagether an start it up, shreds new belt. Drive train is all wore out. Oiiee, take an load er up in the truck an off ta the shop. I have a feelin this is the end my friend, this is the end!

Ain't got no used ones round these parts this time a year an new is crazy. Hopin they can revive the old goat!

I can't complain, man has that thin blowed a butt load a snow! I spend on average 3 ta 3 1/2 hours blowin when the white stuff makes an appearence.
Toro? or is it orange. (they are both the same today) May be some thing simple. Lets hope :cry: ;) :D

Store brand snapper. Auger sysytem ate a brand new belt. Drive system is perty well wore out. They gonna give me an estimate on brinin it back ta life. See ifin it's gonna be worth the money. Had the old goat fer a long time.

Hopefully they can overhaul it resonably.

Swampsauce, I have one of thoses little babies,except it says Sears on it
I have had for ten years, not one problem with it. Great unit!!

I'm quarter-owner of a snow blower. Don't ask me what kind it is, because a neighbor picked it out and bought it, it lives in another neighbor's garage, and I haven't put a hand on it for at least 3 years. We went together to buy it one year after there'd been a lot of snow, and it hasn't snowed much since then. In my way of thinking, it was a helluva good investment! :D

--John

Lets see, I clean out a double wide double long drive way, two double wide drive ways an 125 foot a lane, don't thin a shovel gonna work fer that! Takes three hours blowin it!

I know, I know, an ya see, I got several shovels, only problem bein they only seem ta fit my hands? I keep buyin different ones in hopes they will work fer others, but none seem to ever fit right? Oh well, my blower bein delivered back home this afternoon.

Hillbilly said:
I know, I know, an ya see, I got several shovels, only problem bein they only seem ta fit my hands? I keep buyin different ones in hopes they will work fer others, but none seem to ever fit right? Oh well, my blower bein delivered back home this afternoon.
Cool beans. It lives to fight again. :D

Pigs

I just remembered, I didn't finish this up! Got my snowblower back from the shop, weeellll doogggies does she work nice now!

Been years since everthin worked like this! It'll run in all 5 gears, blow snow like nobody's business an starts like a gem!

The shop was more en resonable with the price an got the old girl done fer me in a resonable amounta a time bein the peek a the season.

Now ifin the snow will stay away so I don't have ta use it, life will be grand! But figurine that be a long stretch, least ways I got the equipment ta deal with it again.

Yall in the south, maybe someday I can move down thata way a be a neighbor, we can sit round drinkin some raisin jack an laughin bout them poor folk shovelin the white stuff!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom