Reverend Marvin Gourmet BBQ Sauce, yes it's THAT GOOD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I already knew I loved this BBQ sauce but now I've found myself totally addicted to Reverend Marvins Gourmet BBQ Sauce. I found myself using it for dipping corn chips in while camping a couple weeks ago and I know Finney uses it regularly to dip pretzels in. But now I've found out how bad my addiction is.........I brought a bottle in to use on some brisket last week and decided to leave it here just to have when I need it. Well I've now started to eat it by the teaspoon full by itself every afternoon when I get a craving for something to eat. Two teaspoons full of the Rev's Hot and that seems to curb my hunger until I get home! This may just be the next diet craze! For those of you who haven't tried this stuff yet, I'd highly recommend you give it a try! We just can't seem to keep this stuff in the house, we used to buy it buy the case, now we get it by the gallon!

www.revmarvin.com

I dare you to order some, Brian. LOL BTW- the offer still stands for members of the board. Buy 2 bottles of Original (first item on the shopping page) and we'll throw in 2 bottles of the Hot absolutely free. Make sure to type in "bbq-4-u" in the comments section when you check out. Or simply pm me. Thanks for the great reviews, guys. You keep eating it, we'll keep making it.

I keep a bottle of hot on my desk at work. Eat it on pretzels, pork skins, pretty much everything. Goes with almost everything. :!:

Also try it mixed with honey, or mayo, or lots of black pepper.
I mix it with tons of different stuff to make unique sauces as the whim hits me. 8-[

Finney said:
I keep a bottle of hot on my desk at work. Eat it on pretzels, pork skins, pretty much everything. Goes with almost everything. :!:

Also try it mixed with honey, or mayo, or lots of black pepper.
I mix it with tons of different stuff to make unique sauces as the whim hits me. 8-[

The Rev's and mayo combination is awesome on smoked turkey! =P~

The main ingrediant is vinegar. Mustard gives it the color. It's a thin sauce, not a thick sauce like SC mustard sauces or KC tomato sauces.
Similiar in texture to a Lexington style sauce, but not in flavor...very unigue! My favorite way of using it is to mix a little honey in and
make a sauce for chicken wings....unbelievably good cause it is hot, but you can't stop eating it!!

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
It say's it's a mustard based sauce.....does it have much of a mustard taste to it???

Yes. If you like mustard you'll love this sauce. It's a mustardy, vinegary, peppery type sauce. A perfect combination of all of those flavors, not too much of any. Like Capppy said, if you add some honey it really turns into something special.

Back
Top Bottom