Remember when it took just one wire ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The wife wants to move. When we do the entertainment center will go in one piece with everything on it. There is no way in hell I will unhook everything and hook it back up :shock:

What Cliff said ;)

caroline's rub said:
[quote="john pen":13u6dmfb][quote="Nick Prochilo":13u6dmfb]Bring back 8 tracks!

And Beta !!!![/quote:13u6dmfb]

Don't forget the turntable and laserdisc!![/quote:13u6dmfb]

Ive got a ton of tapes on Beta....they were awesome quality...stupid patents...lol. Id hope to find one at a garage sale soon so I can drive my kids crazy...lol

The from Dish Network told me that in 6 months or less, Dish is partnering with With Wild Blue to provide internet access via the Dish.

More cables to find homes for.

caroline's rub said:
[quote="john pen":3uu0t3hw][quote="Nick Prochilo":3uu0t3hw]Bring back 8 tracks!

And Beta !!!![/quote:3uu0t3hw]

Don't forget the turntable and laserdisc!![/quote:3uu0t3hw]omg you guys, you can't be serious :shock: ... digital a/v technology is awesome, I don't even own an EQ any more

neone remember the RadarRange? first microwave, 3000 watts, liquid cooled, big as a fridge, cook a thin steak well done in 10 seconds ... lol... 20 years later some genious figured out it didn't need to be so big or so powerful

about the pic in the thread topic, man that looks nicely done! all tied up pretty like ... you should see the rats nest complete with rat sized dust bunnies and spare stray cords under my home theater ... heh, I'll clean it up one of these days

Shawn White said:
neone remember the RadarRange? first microwave, 3000 watts, liquid cooled, big as a fridge, cook a thin steak well done in 10 seconds.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Of course, we couldn't afford one.

Anyone remember, the first color TVs? In 1952 (I was in the first grade) my uncle had one of the few around and we would go over to his house on Sunday evening to watch Bonanza, one of the first color broadcasts.

Griff

OK so the topic here is "Do you remember when it took just one wire ...?". If I talk about a conversation I had with my eighty year old Dad last month that only tangentially mentions "wire" are the moderator guys gonna come out? Dad and I were talkin' and he commented on all that things that have happened in his life: radio, WW II, TV, airtravel, the interstate highyway system, gps, computer, internet and all kinds of digital stuff. So yeah, I remember when one wire would do it, but it's a lot more fun now.

Griff

Griff said:
Shawn White said:
neone remember the RadarRange? first microwave, 3000 watts, liquid cooled, big as a fridge, cook a thin steak well done in 10 seconds.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Of course, we couldn't afford one.

Anyone remember, the first color TVs? In 1952 (I was in the first grade) my uncle had one of the few around and we would go over to his house on Sunday evening to watch Bonanza, one of the first color broadcasts.

Griff

Oh man, my unkle shipped a color tv back when he was in the service. He had no place to ship it to, so he sent it to us to hold on to until he came back. We got to use it for a couple of weeks, it was pretty cool but when I think back the color was awfull! That was in the early 60's.

First came the 300 Ohm flat cable from a rooftop antenna. Then came the coax cable. Now there are digital optical cables, S-video cables, Directional Coax cables, RCA coax, RCA Audio, RS232 cables, USB cables, and the list goes on.

Marking the cables becomes a problem. Mark one "TV IN" and then later you must figure out is that TV IN from the DVD, Receiver, SatBox and which of the 5 IN jacks on the TV or 3 on the reciever does it go to.

When I move, I rip em all out and start from scratch when I get to where I'm going.

dats get some small peel off numbers like brady lables number the connections...then 1 goes to 1, 2 to 2 and so on. we do it in racks all the time, makes it much easier

Bunch of ol' farts... ;)

I remember when....I had to flip over The Pelican Brief on DVD back when it first came out to watch the second half of the movie.

Back
Top Bottom