Record Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I put an ad in the paper starting this morning to sell my truck. My daughter calls me at work at 6:30 and says some mother%$&%#$ just called and woke her up asking about the truck and said she gave him my work number. Well, this numbnuts called and said he wanted to look at the truck in an hour. I politely asked him what he was thinking calling someones house at 6:30 in the morning, after hesitating he apologized. Then he asked could he come see the truck in an hour, I told him I would not be home until after 4pm. Then he asked if it was okay if he went and looked at it, of course I said yes but I told him he couldn't drive it until I got home. But he insisted he wanted to see it, so I gave him directions for the 1 hour plus drive to come see the truck he couldn't drive. Well this Yahoo called me about an hour and a half later and said he'd take it. I was thrilled but had to ask him, "you are going to buy it without test driving it"? He said he would bring the money another hour and a half back to my work and then come back to my house at 4 to pick it up. Well, just cause I'm a nice guy I told hm to just bring the money at 4 o'clock rather than making the extra trip.

Needless to say this guy was here at my house at 4 pm, drove the truck up the block and back, handed me a wad of cash, I signed the title over and he left! Kinda feel like I wasted the $53 bucks putting the ad in the paper for the weekend! I've already answers about 10 phone calls and had to tell the folks the truck has been sold! Guess I gotta deal with that the rest of the weekend now! How often does that happen? First call, first person to come look at the vehicle and they buy it????

Larry,

Same thing happened to me a few years back, with my S10.
Sold it the sameday first guy for more than I was asking :eek:
It had me thinking for days after #-o
But shit , I bought it for 9k sold 8 years later for 5k
Still miss the little bugger :)

Cheers

I'll be expecting my commission check in the mail shortly, Larry!! =D>

Congrats! See, you just needed a little Professional Sales help!! :D

Greg Rempe said:
I'll be expecting my commission check in the mail shortly, Larry!! =D>

Congrats! See, you just needed a little Professional Sales help!! :D

Yeah thanks for the help Greg, but now how do I get the phone calls to stop?

This is even better, Larry!

Drop hints like..."It sold first day out...or Gotta be quicker next time...ha ha ha...or "I have a brand new Tacoma and then ask $6k more than you paid for it, right??!!

Try to keep the streak alive and make a big hit on the new truck! Worth a shot! :!:

Ive put my monte ss in the paper 3 times and evertime i get jackasses who come and offer ridiculous prices, it cant sell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom