Re Heating and Transporting ABTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Going boating in a couple of hours. Did the ABT's on the kettle last night.
Now, if I microwave em, won't that take some of the cripness out of the bacon?

Also, I don't want to transport in anything I have to bring back, so I'm thinking wrap em up hot in foil....other ideas?

Just don't try to deep fry a turkey on board. A few years ago deep sea fishing these drunken boys thought it might be a good idea. Guess what? Yep, Fiberglass burns real good once you get it going! :grin:

I wouldn' nuke 'em, Capt'n for the reason you stated...But reheating in the oven or gasser, then wrapping in a few layers of foil and towels might help...Depending on how long you have to hold them, I'm thinking that the moisture in there is still going to soften the bacon

Well I'm back already ( :) ) and I baked em till warm, foiled em and coated em with a towel...they were still warm, and but fell apart a little.
They loved em, I was disappointed withe the presentation.

Captain Morgan said:
They loved em, I was disappointed withe the presentation.
I guess that means you won't be posting any pics! :grin: :grin: (That was for you, too, Mr. Moderator!! :razz: :razz: ) Glad they were a hit! :(

How was the boat trip? I gotta get the boat in the water

oh just fine! I started drinking beer around 10, got to the boat around 11:30, about noon we hit some wakes from other boats, and 12:30 I was green!

Never did puke, but left the other guys to enjoy what would have been a beautiful day on the water.

Note to boaters....eat breakfast! :eek:

No Pics! No Pics! No Pics! No Pics! No Pics!

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom