Quick rant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Last night I went out to dinner with my folks..my dad ordered baby back ribs and what he got should've been illegal ! They were greasy and bland. Im guessing they were boiled judging by the blandness and slimyness of them. They here supposed to have a honey garlic glaze, but the glaze didn't stick and was on the plate. He couldn't eat them. What are some people thinking ???? Ok, Im done now; rant off.

John,
To the average Joe that doesn't know Jack about what BBQ is supposed to be, look or taste like those ribs would have probably been great! To one of us, we wouldn't have fed them to our worst enemy! LOL!

the bad thing is, all the rest of the food was awesome...oh well...Ill do him good Sunday with some GOOD baby back's...

john pen said:
Last night I went out to dinner with my folks..my dad ordered baby back ribs and what he got should've been illegal ! They were greasy and bland. Im guessing they were boiled judging by the blandness and slimyness of them. They here supposed to have a honey garlic glaze, but the glaze didn't stick and was on the plate. He couldn't eat them. What are some people thinking ???? Ok, Im done now; rant off.

What did you Dad think about them? ... or is he "in the know"?

:!:

I had a similar experience recently. I was out to dinner with my family and I ordered ribs. The wife and kids came down on me because they knew I wouldn't be satisfied with resturant ribs and I would probably complain to the staff and embarass them, ......................................... they were right!

ScottyDaQ said:
john pen said:

What did you Dad think about them? ... or is he "in the know"?

:!:
Guess that about says it all.

acording to my wife, Im a BBQ snob...pretty much wont eat Q' from a local resteraunt...that aside, they were gross...and as joker pointed out..no he didn't eat them..

john pen said:

So you went to Finney's house for dinner? Man, that's a long drive! #-o

Woodman said:
john pen said:

So you went to Finney's house for dinner? Man, that's a long drive! #-o
That's just wrong, Woodbackstabber. :badgrin:

Oh, I meant my buddy Bob Finney :) He's a terrible cook! Oh, you thought I meant our Finney? Why perish the thought! :razz:

Burnt Food Dude said:
I'll ask the people that cater on this board. When you cook for 100 people, 150- 200 people, do you prep your food like you are cooking for your family or a competition?

I DO NOT pull membrane in my catering business! All else is pretty much the same though. I think John was prolly in one of those places where the do not actually "BBQ" their ribs, but rather "grill" them. I enjoy most barbequed meat if it is truly smoked , and am not generally very critical or picky! I could NEVER be a judge because I don't have a good enough pallet!

Back
Top Bottom