Q and Tunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I listen to everything. Kanye West, Rhianna, Andrea Boccelli, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Metallica, ACDC, Kid Rock, U2, Madonna, etc etc etc depends what mood I am in.

I listen to my iPod. It's got 12+GB of Delta Blues (Robert Johnson, Son House, and others), Texas Blues (such as Blind Lemon Jefferson and Lightnin' Hopkins), lots of Chicago Blues (Big Bill Broonzy, Howlin' Wolf, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, etc.), and on up through Brit blues (where would we have been without Clapton and Winwood?); R&B (Aretha, Etta James, Wilson Pickett, Fats Domino, and more); early blues/r&b/rock (Bo Diddley, Elvis, Little Richard -- lordy he was good at predicting and preconditioning where music would go -- Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, some that I didn't appreciate enough at the time); a lot of '60s-80s fundamental blues-based rock, a lot of southern rock, some classic-rock-station stuff, some prog rock, jazz rock, other genre rock and a little '90s stuff; and also some that I classify as pop, even if the classic-rock stations call it rock, singer-songwriter stuff; and, of course, some contenporary blues. It's a kind of rock history collection that remembers what Muddy Waters sang: The Blues Had a Baby and They Called It Rock N' Roll.

--John
(I love my iPod. Sometimes I get a shuffle mix that is just so cool, I realize there's no other way I could ever hear it except through my iPod. Until I got it, I didn't really know exactly why I had been collecting all those CDs. :D )

wnkt said:
wtf is "prog rock" :)
Think Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Yes, ELP, and a lot of others that departed from the standard blues and rock verse-chorus-verse pattern, recorded concept albums, that kind of heady stuff. :)

--John
(Now I get to ask: wtf is punk/grunge/alt rock? We went to a club where a motorcycle friend of ours was playing, and we'd have left as soon as the music (?) started if we hadn't had ear plugs. Like Bob Seger says, I like that old time rock 'n roll. :D )

Sweet Caroline?
Sweet Emotion?
The Candy Man?
The Jesus and Mary Chain: Just Like Honey

I think I am seeing a theme here

coal miner said:
Unity, w/ the Stanley Bros. on you signature. No blue grass ?
I need a second iPod for the bluegrass. :( Seriously, I'm thinking about an 8GB nano, 'cause my bluegrass/old-timey collection doesn't need quite as much space as my blues and rock collection does.

--John
(On the bike I've got XM that I switch from bluegrass to blues to rock as the fancy strikes me. :)

Back
Top Bottom