Prayers Requested!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakedpigbbq

Senior Cook
Hey everyone,

I am still pretty new to the forum but I really enjoy reading all the posts! My wife makes fun of me since I have them sent to my blackberry during the day so I can keep up! I have learned a ton of useful stuff and everyone has been so nice that I have spoken with.

I would like to request your prayers for me and my family over the next coming weeks and months. I have been diagnosed with B-Cell Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and will have to undergo Chemotherapy and possibly Radiation. At 35 years old, not quite the "illness" you are expecting when you break down to go see the doctor! :D It sounds very positive and should be able to take care of it with little chance of it coming back in latter years. We have three boys who are 11, 8, and 5, so they don't quite understand what is going on. I am confident in the Lord's ability to take us through this time and will rest in His mercy and grace but sure do appreciate the extra prayers!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and keep up the great posts!
:P
Chuck

You and your family will be included in our prayers, and please accept our wishes for a speedy, full recovery of your health.

Merry Christmas back to you! :D

Chuck,
You and your family will be in my prayers.

Keep you chin up and be strong, you WILL get through this!

Cancer has effected my family twice in the past couple of years and it's an evil disease.

Faith and the will to live WILL get you through your ordeal! Be Strong!

Chuck lots of prayers from our family to you.

We wish you all the very best and hope for a full recovery.

I pray for Gods will be done in your situation Chuck. Pm me for my phone number if you ever need someone to talk to or pray with.

Lyndon

Good luck Chuck, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Keep a positive attitude and don't quit fighting.

The good news is that it sounds like they caught it early and it's the treatable kind. Keep yourself strong and try not to mind the indignities of being a patient. I'll be pulling for you.

--John

Praying hard on this end for all involved in the challenge. So happen to work with a fella who got a similar ailment with which you have been diagnosed not sure of the letter designations but is non Hodgins Lymphoma. Has went through the chemo radiation etc. His favorite expression is..It aint curable but its highly treatable. He is still going strong after quite a few years under that assumption. He is about 65 since he is retiring in Feb. He has good days and bad days. Praying a special prayer that you not only have the treatable version but the curable kind...or if it aint we will ask the Lord to change it up to where it belongs:) Keep that chin and eyes pointing upwards.

bigwheel

Thank y'all for all the words of encouragement! I got me two big bottles of "barium shake"... yuck!!!!! Gotta drink em both in the am before my CT scans. I don't think there is anything that can be done to make this paste taste good! Gonna use a straw, pinch my nose, and put it down!
:oops:

Back
Top Bottom