Pot Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Brown a piece of Choice chuck roast then place it in a slow cooker/crock pot, season to taste, add an envelope of onion soup, and go to work. When you get home that afternoon the kitchen smells great and you have a very tasty piece of beef waiting for you. Remove the beef, thin the Au Jus with a little water, and add the vegetables.

While they were cooking I whipped up a tomato, celery, green pepper, and red onion salad with oil & red wine vinegar.

It’s time to eat.

That looks so good right now.. I need to get to the grocery store before I lose any more LBS... Thanks bro!!! Nice pics!!! :D

Do look mighty laurapin. Now let me offer you a little tweak or two the warden uses just for your perusal. Smear the top of that roast with 3 T. of A1 steak sauce..then cover with the Lipton..then spoon a can of Campbells Cream o Mushroom soup over the top. It will be kicked up to notches unknown. Now she cooks her's in a tinfoil pouch (no browning) @ 350 in the oven for about 3 hours. . Sure you could adopt at least some of them steps over to the slow cooker or the DO if you see any which dont conflict with your strategy and otherwise seems prudent. Aint no part of the cow which got mo flavor than the chuck in my book anyway. Now I heard Oxtails was good but that was considered soul food back when I was a young whuppersnapper..so aint never tried none.

bigwheel

I got kin up around Connelsville ya know? The ex-son in law wouldn't eat nothing but meat and taters either. You ever tried any raw veggies? Broccoli..Colleyflower etc?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I got kin up around Connelsville ya know? The ex-son in law wouldn't eat nothing but meat and taters either. You ever tried any raw veggies? Broccoli..Colleyflower etc?

bigwheel

Bigwheel I eat my share of veggies. I love fresh fruit and I try to eat as much as I can. I really enjoy a fresh salad with lunch and dinner. I also eat alot of broccoli and greenbeans. Whenever veggies are an option I almost always take some. To be honest with you I am open to trying all types of food. I have not tried alot of the nasty bits (feet, organs ect) yet but I am completly open to trying them and look foward to.

Chris

Well sounds like you onto a very well balanced diet. The human body is designed to have meat about once a week. I would stay away from the organ meats. They usually the sewer plant of the creature. Good job!!

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom