Possum For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
So, we have a concrete bird bath that from time to time a critter knocks off the base ... we always assumed it was a deer as the top is pretty heavy. This morning my bride told me it was knocked off again, that means fix it. I guess it has been an opossum knocking it off all this time and I don't think he'll be knocking it off any more. Best yet I had no plans for dinner, anybody smoked an Opossum? :LOL: :LOL:

I hate those things. One was in a dumpster and I lifted the lid to throw in a garbage bag
and it opened it's gaping, tooth-lined maw and made this sort of howl-hiss sounds, basically
what you'd expect to hear in hell, and I screamed like a woman.

stupid possums.

Captain Morgan said:
I hate those things. One was in a dumpster and I lifted the lid to throw in a garbage bag
and it opened it's gaping, tooth-lined maw and made this sort of howl-hiss sounds, basically
what you'd expect to hear in hell, and I screamed like a woman.

stupid possums.

I caught one in a box trap when I was a kid. When you open up the door, expecting to see a nice little cottontail rabbit, and instead you get that ugly mouthful of teeth... not a pleasant surprise at all.

By the looks of the base, right behind the possum, looks like the bird bath knocked the s**t out of it.

Had one dead in our stock tank/swimming pool for the kids. No water in the tank, or kids. I was surprised to see them
out this far west. You guys keep them nasty rats in your neck of the woods.

BigAL said:
By the looks of the base, right behind the possum, looks like the bird bath knocked the s**t out of it.
He broke that tile on an earlier event mid-winter. I have a heater in that bird bath that I had just taken out, might have been cartoon-like to see him electrocuted.

NewHeart said:
I'm still wondering was it really dead, or just playing possum?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom