Popeye's Fried chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
Here in BR we have Popeye's locations within 2 miles from each other.
img_190312_0_017496507b37b4da76c2ea114c7c6e57.jpg

img_190312_1_8313dfece8a9e6d02eeb58a3f57b3992.jpg

img_190312_2_626e5ec50328805a9e973361dba2f15f.jpg

img_190312_3_b886264fb98fd538731e19d6b9a19491.jpg

img_190312_4_ee38b5d7acb18ffca9dd997593f46a3e.jpg

img_190312_5_a04e84f0d30d0c9d56f526c0fd2e0496.jpg

We have one about 2 miles away............I might as well eat it on the toilet EVERYTIME I eat it.... :shock:

Popeyes is only in a few places down here.. We have many local fried chicken joints... All are good too... :D

You ever try the Ghiana Villa in Robistown over there? I could hit the nearest Popeyes with a .30 06 from my house. Would have to give it a little elevation but not much. I love it. Wished I could find a decent clone for their Red beans and rice. Aint none of em I've tried which even vaugely taste like the ones they got.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
You ever try the Ghiana Villa in Robistown over there? I could hit the nearest Popeyes with a .30 06 from my house. Would have to give it a little elevation but not much. I love it. Wished I could find a decent clone for their Red beans and rice. Aint none of em I've tried which even vaugely taste like the ones they got.

bigwheel

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/ccppl/pop ... -rice.html

I like the recipes there. some are purty close to the real thing

Larry D. said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3iwsuuh1]ever had Bojangles? I love that place.

"GottaWannaNeedaGetta?" :D[/quote:3iwsuuh1]

yep, the little chain that almost died and still has crappy marketing
(although some of the Jake DelHomme/Steve Smith commercials
were funny).

good iced tea
Excellent dirty rice.
Fantastic fried chicken.
Freaking awesome biscuits.
and the best french fries ever made....I ask for extra seasoning.

btw, you can buy bottles of their seasoning.

They wanted my cell phone number before they would let me looky..and I didnt want them to have it so I give em a phoney number...scuse the pun..but they didnt fall for it. Reckon you could copy and paste in recipe section? Thanks.

bigwheel

swampsauce said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/ccppl/pop ... -rice.html

I like the recipes there. some are purty close to the real thing

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry D.":22banz33][quote="Captain Morgan":22banz33]ever had Bojangles? I love that place.

"GottaWannaNeedaGetta?" :D[/quote:22banz33]

yep, the little chain that almost died and still has crappy marketing
(although some of the Jake DelHomme/Steve Smith commercials
were funny).

good iced tea
Excellent dirty rice.
Fantastic fried chicken.
Freaking awesome biscuits.
and the best french fries ever made....I ask for extra seasoning.

btw, you can buy bottles of their seasoning.[/quote:22banz33]

A couple of weeks ago I had an early appointment in Rockingham, NC and didn't have time to eat before I hit the road. I thought I was going to miss breakfast altogether, but about 2 blocks before I reached my destination there was a Bojangles. SAVED!!

Use to have a Popeyes down the street, then a bunch of them closed up here in Colorado. Not sure what happened there.

Back
Top Bottom