Poopie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Come on Greg, I think we need to open up the auto edit and tinker. I do believe that "shit" and "********" and all other derivitives are legitimate parts of the lexicon which do not refer to anything to which thinking adult should take offense. We all shit, we'll Larry more than others lately!) We all clean up dog shit. We all cause, and put up with , ********! These are non gender specific, non sexual terms that we should be allowed to say openly. Poopie , while amusing, is baby talk. We are not babies!(well except Larry, Chris, and Cap'n) I don't know if it's open to debate, but I'm going to post a poll! Woodshit!

ps,. I'm not talking about rampant shit this, shit that use, but occassionally? Woodshit

Alright Woodman...I'm not going to go in to the lecture of how this thread would be negated if you would expand your vernacular and not use the "S" word...hence no problem.

I'm also not going in to the lecture of how, if and when you would like to discuss something with me about the board, it should be done via email or PM and not done in front of everyone else! I don't call out people I delete...I let them know privately something has happened.

So, with none of that being said, I'll see how it goes with that word. Of course you know how this will turn out, right??!! :roll:

Well let's see...it took exactly 4 posts from mine to prove the final point in my original post. How truly sad!! :roll:

Vom_Willemstad_K-9 said:
*poopie* may just be the most powerful word in the English language.

You can be *poopie* faced, be *poopie* out of luck, or have *poopie* for brains.
With a little effort you can get your *poopie* together, find a place for your *poopie* or decide to *poopie* or get off the pot.
You can smoke *poopie*, buy *poopie*, sell *poopie*, lose *poopie*, find *poopie*, forget *poopie*, and tell others to eat *poopie* and die.
You can *poopie* or go blind, have a *poopie* fit or just *poopie* your life away.
People can be *poopie* headed, *poopie* brained, *poopie* blinded, and *poopie* over.
Some people know their *poopie* while others can't tell the difference between *poopie* and shineola.
There are lucky shits, dumb shits, crazy shits, and sweet shits.
There is bull *poopie*, and horse *poopie* and chicken *poopie*.
You can throw *poopie*, sling *poopie*, catch *poopie*, or duck when the *poopie* hits the fan.
You can take a *poopie*, give a *poopie*, or serve *poopie* on a shingle.
You can find yourself in deep *poopie*, or be happier than a pig in *poopie*.
Some days are colder than *poopie*, some days are hotter than *poopie*, and some days are just plain shitty.
Some music sounds like *poopie*, things can look like *poopie*, and there are times when you feel like *poopie*.
You can have too much *poopie*, not enough *poopie*, the right *poopie*, the wrong *poopie* or a lot of weird *poopie*.
You can carry *poopie*, have a mountain of *poopie*, or find yourself up *poopie* creek without a paddle.
Sometimes you really need this *poopie* and sometimes you don't want any *poopie* at all.
Sometimes everything you touch turns to *poopie* and other times you swim in a lake of *poopie* and come out smelling like a rose.
When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of creation.
And remember, once you know your *poopie*, you don't need to know anything else!

A few weeks ago I smoked up a bunch of *poopie*. Most of it turned out to be pretty good *poopie*. Some of it turned out like *poopie*!

--Adrian

See how much funnier my way would have been!! :D

Woodman said:
Come on Greg, I think we need to open up the auto edit and tinker. I do believe that "shit" and "********" and all other derivitives are legitimate parts of the lexicon which do not refer to anything to which thinking adult should take offense. We all shit, we'll Larry more than others lately!) We all clean up dog shit. We all cause, and put up with , ********! These are non gender specific, non sexual terms that we should be allowed to say openly. Poopie , while amusing, is baby talk. We are not babies!(well except Larry, Chris, and Cap'n) I don't know if it's open to debate, but I'm going to post a poll! Woodshit!

ps,. I'm not talking about rampant shit this, shit that use, but occassionally? Woodshit

WoodCusser, I am appaulled you'd ask such a ludicrous question! :D My new rule of thumb anymore is if you can't say it in Church you can't say it here. Seems to be working so far. :roll:
Those of you who already know me know my feelings towards profanity to begin with. There is no room for profanity in a BBQ chat room, and it is pushing the limit calling a pork shoulder a butt. That is coming very close to offending me.

Greg, do the same rules apply at Smokestock? I'll bring the duct tape just in case they do and I get poopie faced and start cussing!. :-D

Hey I'll take the blame for this post topic. I have mentioned more than once my disgust for the Auto Edit on the site in several posting. And I do think I mentioned it to you in an email.

I know the site got WAY out of control at one point. That was kid with a new toy problems. Or you know how when you first go to a new foster home how you test the new parents to see how far they will let you go? You know, right? Well it's the same thing.

We are all adults (except for me, Larry, and Cappie)(okay you too Woodie... you little scamp). I think we can all take the occasional curse word.

Thanks Greg. Sorry about doing it on an open forum. Just thought others might want to weigh in on it! Not blamin you or anything. Actually, I think Adrian's post proves my point! Shit is a part of life and can be funny. Larry, I would say "shit" to a minister or priest any time. It has no religious or sexual signifigance whatsoever. What is the difference whether you call it "poopie" , "shit", "fecal matter," "ca ca", "defacation" or whatever. I think this is actually a good debate. Woody

Oh, and Chris? Yeah......uh .....I think we all can relate to that "foster home" analogy???????? :roll: [/i]

Oh, Adrian? the most powerful word is not shit, it is F#*k! by far!!!!

There are many threads on this board complaining about the language or lack there of...Personally, I don't have a problem with most of it, it's the abuse. When this board 1st started, it was to get away from many of the rules on boards such as Ray's and Chris'. It didn't take long before things were totally out-of-control. Greg has been trying to bring this board back to a level of civility but each step of the way is met with opposition from a select few. While I'm commited to helping Greg, I am very dissapointed with much of what is posted here. It's a good thing that this is Greg's forum!

I am not protesting an attempt at civility Bill. I am protesting an attempt to be rediculous! I think it is fine to restrict blatant sexual , racist, or hostile discourse. I have pushed the envelope more than anyone and probably should stop it. But most people who BBQ say "shit". Most people in general say "shit." It is part of the lexicon as I said. If we are going to be so politically correct that we cater only to the minority who are offended by it, then I'd just as soon not participate. That is just rediculous. If you are offended by the word "shit" then your skin is way too thin and you need to get a life (not [/i]you as in "you Bill"). Obviously, it is Greg's forum and you guys can do as you wish. I just think walking on eggshells over an everyday word we all hear 20 times a day is ********! (see how the word stresses a point?) Greg, the beauty of this forum is that we can discuss this openly, like adults. Right? Woodman

ps. the poll is 90% in favor. I think that , unless Greg is the 1% opposed, that says it all. Lighten up! Woodman

Maybe not in THIS post but in several others, you and a few others are (IMO). And I don’t think this is ridiculous ~ I see it as trying to bring as many new and seasoned bbqers to this board as possible. You’re right that most say and/or hear “shitâ€

Bottom Line: Poopie was used to be funny not childish! It has since been returned to its normal state!

This site has only been up and running for a little more than two months. There are going to be growing pains along the way. First it was too loose now it seems one word has made the rules too tight. I am the first one to listen to different ideas about making this board successful as it is MY board! Hence the word change back. My number one goal is to grow this board and do it in the right way. I am trying to find the right mix of rule and non-rule, ok!

So, as previoulsy stated, any section other than General discussion will have a zero tolerance policy for off-topic responses...the Genral discussion section posters must keep their own threads on track if they vere off course.

As Woodman and Bill both stated, any overt attempts at putting one over on me in regards to swearing will be delt with accordingly. We are all adults I agree, so, lets see...

I would again encourage anyone who thinks something should be re-examined in regards to the board contact we via email or PM! Don't do it out in the open. Certain things should be kept in the locker room. :D

Point taken. I tend towards immaturity!But that's what makes me so cute! I don't think you will ever get a group like this together without a certain degree of that behavior! I've seen it here, and I've seen it even more on the Texas Forum I so dearly love! Sometimes it annoys even me!
But I have to act professional all day in my shirt and tie selling plastics. BBQ AIN"T SERIOUS!!!!!! If somebody asks a question, we help him out. Then, we fart around. Without all the fartin around and hijinx whatya got? TVWB Forum. No offense guys? That forum sucks!! The only people worth talkin to over there are the ones who venture onto these other forums for release!!! You guys and Tom Ferguson!!! There has to be a mix of serious guys, lunatics, and in betweeners to keep this going:

Serious Guys : Bill- Rob - BOB BQN- Minion-Jane

In Beetweeners: Nick-Susan-Greg-Bruce-Jeff E. Kevin. Kloset BBQ'R - Kevin, Raine, Brian H

Nut Cases : Me-Larry-Chris-Capn-Redneck- J Shively

It's a bell shaped curve!! everything balances out!!!! I wouldn't change a thing. Woodman

Bob, yes you are right .That word is like the "n" word for women! I guess what Adrian and I were driving at was not "powerful" but rather "versitile".!

Jeff, jump on in and answer any question you like! We're all just fakin it anyway! :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom