Pontiac Solstice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kloset, Good Luck man! Really hope you get one. I know what you mean about the Vette. Maybe some day but not when I've gotta drive it round town every day. (Still no place for baby seets in teh back know what I'm saying?).

Man I really hope you get one. ON paper it looks like a great vehicle.

Just noticed my post below mentioned the L6 Vette :) guess I'm showing my own age and better start worrying about my own midlife crisis.

Kloset that looks like one sweet ride,and if they're already comparing it wit a Honda S2000 then that is going to be one fast car.
I drove the original 9000 rpm screamer,stupid fast handling machine.
Wow i love the Solstice,looks much better than a miata,or 2000.
Although red would be my 7th pick,i like grey,remember i said grey.
Police don't see grey.Or dark blue.Actually dark is good also. :grin:

BBQmm,

My Chevy Silverado is Silver and my Toyota Avalon is Pearl, so I thought I needed to get some color into my life, you know make a statement (If its a legitimate mid-life crisis the car has to be red, right). As far as the cops, well that's what radar detectors are for. I appreciate the comments. Glad you like it.

I saw on a Solstice forum though that someone said that the first 1000 went in the first 30 minutes on the first day. I'm not sure how they knew that though, the dealer did not have that information on Saturday.

Hey i have to add this,if by any chance you don't get the first batch,
i'd wait for the second,splendid looking car i tell ya.

It's rated at 170 ft/lbs of torque and only 2800 lbs. It should get off the line pretty fast. My mind's already wondering about engine mods to get the horsepower up....... Sheesh and I haven't even seen one yet.

Well ???
4.gif

Well, I have an ’87 Fiero GT that’s getting new brakes, complete tune-up including fuel injector cleaning, and some other misc. work done and then, comes a new paint job. Here’s a site that shows one exactly like mine including the tinted windows but no red trim. This car is pretty fast ~ The speedo goes to 120mph and I had it buried with the tach at 5500 on I-95 between Titusville and New Smyrna Beach back in ’99. This model was supposed to be a collectors model from what they said when I bought it but it never turned out to be. Maybe one day…..

She's seen better days and will again soon! :(

The Joker said:
Well, I have an ’87 Fiero GT that’s getting new brakes, complete tune-up including fuel injector cleaning, and some other misc. work done and then, comes a new paint job. Here’s a site that shows one exactly like mine including the tinted windows but no red trim. This car is pretty fast ~ The speedo goes to 120mph and I had it buried with the tach at 5500 on I-95 between Titusville and New Smyrna Beach back in ’99. This model was supposed to be a collectors model from what they said when I bought it but it never turned out to be. Maybe one day…..

She's seen better days and will again soon! :(

Should have kept it in the batcave!

Batman had other ideas....

But, it was the right color and would have looked good in there..

Well, finally, she's coming home tomorrow morning. No paint job yet but new tires, heater core, water pump, over and above the brakes all around, injectors cleaning, oil/lube, flush, T-stat housing w/ 160º T-stat and fan switch (got the chip in my truck! :!: ) I already knew about. Man, I'm like a kid in a candy store! I've driven this car 89K miles and loved every one of them! Had it between 125 and 130 once between Cape Canaveral and New Smyrna Beach on I-95 ~ Speedo was burried, judged by the tach. Raised the lights to let the old folks ahead know I was coming and I thought the pop-up light covers were gonna rip off! :grin: They didn't drop 'till down around 85! :eek: I CAN'T WAIT!! [-o<

So Dallas ... 8-[

Back
Top Bottom