Poll : Greatest Mayberry Resident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
I have been watching the "In Color" Andy Griffith shows recently and the thought occurs. Which one of these people is the greatest of ALL the characters. Forget those "early" black and white guys. Here are the guys who made Mayberry great! (I'll start the fun with Greg's favorite........Howard! ;)

ps. The episode where Howard "redecorates ;) " his apartment as a "bachelor pad" ala Greg Brady is the best episode of all time! :D

When Don Knotts left the show it went downhill. IF you watch those earlier shows, there is some really funny writing going on. Writers of today would do themselves well to go back and watch and learn. Ken Barry was a fruitcake. He was good in F-troup but lame here. They should have shown Andy gettin some from Helen. :shock:

None of those guys were very funny. Floyd, Barney and Gomer were hilarious. I own all the b/w episodes on dvd, even got a bootleg dvd
of deleted scenes and the pilot. Won't buy the color ones though.

yea the color version isnt to good

my favorite char is Ernest T Bass :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

its me, its me, its Ernest T!!!!

Captain Morgan said:
None of those guys were very funny. Floyd, Barney and Gomer were hilarious. I own all the b/w episodes on dvd, even got a bootleg dvd
of deleted scenes and the pilot. Won't buy the color ones though.

So you're sayin you hate "coloreds?" Typical sotherner.........

The only shows worth watching were the black and white episodes. Don Knotts gits my vote even though he's not on your list. Ernest T, Goober, and Gomer Pyle were great too.

Ken Berry gets my vote for the lamest! Millie was a tramp!

Mayberry RFD should have been aborted before the first trimester!

Burnt Food Dude said:
I vote...

None of the above!

The origional was the best. Aunt Bea was everyones Aunt or Grandmother.

BFD hit the nail on the head! Aunt Bea was the best!

Woodman said:
I have been watching the "In Color" Andy Griffith shows recently and the thought occurs. Which one of these people is the greatest of ALL the characters. Forget those "early" black and white guys. Here are the guys who made Mayberry great! (I'll start the fun with Greg's favorite........Howard! ;)

ps. The episode where Howard "redecorates ;) " his apartment as a "bachelor pad" ala Greg Brady is the best episode of all time! :D

Stick with the guitar, of course, you're not much better at that. :LOL: :LOL:

Jersey BBQ said:
I have the first four seasons on DVD as well....I don't own any colored ones. I agree that the show tanks when Barney leaves.
Briscoe Darlin... he was cool. Andy should have got busy with his daughter that episode when the Darlins came to town and Briscoe got busted dippin his hat in the horse trough.... I think her name was Darlene. Well the show would have taken a sweet turn if then Andy would have got caught dipping his horse.. well never mind.... sorry :oops:

That would be Charlene.

When Finney and Rev get here, they're gonna be might upset
you got that wrong.

I'm going to borrow a line from Cappy here:

I think the Suck-O-Meter just broke... :shock: :shock:

I can't believe there is a thread about The Andy Griffith show. It MUST be the off season for BBQ!

*embarrassed*

TAGS is the greatest tv series ever made....it has a cult following like
no other show, and has lasted almost 50 years now. Think
anyone will remember Idol and Fear Factor 50 years from now?
With those kind of shows topping the ratings, we may not even
be here 50 years from now.

Tags showed a life in America that is hard to find anymore.
People had values and cared about each other. I'd move to
Mayberry in a heartbeat and be happy. Mayberry ain't perfect..
Andy would have to put down the occasional squabble between
Big Wheel and Larry, but they'd be ok in the end. I'd let myself
into the jail when I got a snoot full, and go home in the morning.

Captain Morgan said:
...Think
anyone will remember Idol 50 years from now?...

Sure they will...TAGS would flame out against Idol in a head to head time slot showdown...wouldn't even be close!!

I think we need to start another poll. The women of Mayberry.............who was the hottest? I vote for the blonde, (I think she was a nurse, had a strong southern accent, unlike Helen Crump who I think was a transplanted yankee!) one of Andy's earlier girlfriends.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom