Playing on the kettle tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got mine today, too ~ Haven't broken the seal yet though..Thanks Larry! :(

put the ribs on first....kinda seared em a little, then set em indirect over heavy smoke.....added the thighs.

Got talking to my neighbor and burned the skin side of the thighs!!!!
My favorite part! Oh well, maybe I can save it.

After a while, wrapped the ribs in foil with a little sauce on the meat side.
Not a lot of meat on these ribs. Very common down here (got em for 1.99 a pound)

temps over 300

flipped chicken and sauced...

Sonnys on both....pulled the thighs at 170..

no idea what the ribs are like...still in the foil....they were on a total of
just over an hour and a half...

Lookin' Good!! :( But in a couple of them pics, it looks like you had a little charcoal mishap.. :grin:

I'd never call those thighs burnt Captain, that's just how I like 'em, a little char on theoutside.

Niagara River Smoker said:
Got mine today, too ~ Haven't broken the seal yet though..Thanks Larry! :(

Got mine last week. Kettle's still a virgin. Trying to make a proper working area for it on my deck.

I didn't like the rub on chicken, but it was good on the beef. Ribs weren't cooked long enough,...lesson learned. Decent, but still too fatty.

Hey Capt. I did beef ribs this past weekend on the WSM. Cooked then for about 7 hours and I think they still could have went a little longer. Tonight I had 2 of them re-heated on the gasser. I put some sauce in a foil pan and dumped 2 ribs in and threw them on. Tasted better today then on Saturday. This past weekend was the first time I used Stubbs Original BBQ sauce. I enjoyed it quite a bit and will be getting more to keep on hand. I used it on the chicken thigh receipe you posted.

yeah I'm pretty sure beef ribs are gonna need to go low and slow....the kettle cook was decent, but I'd like em a little more rendered and tendered!

Captain Morgan said:
yeah I'm pretty sure beef ribs are gonna need to go low and slow....the kettle cook was decent, but I'd like em a little more rendered and tendered!

Cappy,
Did you cook the beef ribs as a whole rack or were they cut into single bones?

Nice looking Q!

Jack

it was a slab with 3 bones in it, not a lot of meat either. I didn't slice em till after I cooked em. They weren't bad, but I can do a heck of a lot better if I get serious about it. I just saw the little pack on sale and thought I'd put em on with the thighs.

Back
Top Bottom