Plane crash in NYC...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good! I havent heard about it yet......then again im at work.

that makes 2 now with the crash in denver.

that is incredible - hats off to everyone involved and especially those by the emergency exits who got the doors open asap

Evidently the plane ran in to some birds and they took out both engines..the pilot was able to swing the plane around and land it in the Hudson River...everyone got out!

NICE!! :D

Thank god he put it in the Hudson instead of the LI Sound. There were lots of water taxis around to pluck up the people. If it was the sound, it would have taken quite some time to get rescue boats out there.

Praise the Lord. The whole scenario was miraculous. Some little sweet granny of one of the folks inside had most likely asked the Lord in Prayer for 10,000 of His Angels to hold that airplane up in the sky and if it hit a goose to bring it down gently in a place where folks was around to help. That is similar to how I pray when me and/or any of them kin to me by love blood or marriage have to ride in one them crazy contraptions. I am always afraid one is going to crash and hit my Crib. Them goofy thangs are always crashing into folks houses ya know? I see that all the time on TV. Don't even get me started if you get hit with the frozen chemical toilets of one of them thangs. It a frozen green rectangle about 6' long and 4' wide and 2' thick. Fortunantly them usually land in yankee cornfields seems like.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Praise the Lord. The whole scenario was miraculous. Some little sweet granny of one of the folks inside had most likely asked the Lord in Prayer for 10,000 of His Angels to hold that airplane up in the sky and if it hit a goose to bring it down gently in a place where folks was around to help. That is similar to how I pray when me and/or any of them kin to me by love blood or marriage have to ride in one them crazy contraptions. I am always afraid one is going to crash and hit my Crib. Them goofy thangs are always crashing into folks houses ya know? I see that all the time on TV. Don't even get me started if you get hit with the frozen chemical toilets of one of them thangs. It a frozen green rectangle about 6' long and 4' wide and 2' thick. Fortunantly them usually land in yankee cornfields seems like.

bigwheel

Bigwheel, you have to be kidding me, right? Do you have any idea how many car accidents/deaths occurred during this ordeal that people didn't survive in? Air travel continues to be one of the safest ways to get around...ever thought about how many take offs and touch-downs happen every day...and you never hear anything going wrong. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first air travel incident, which happen to not have any deaths associated with it, in 2 years or so...can you imagine if cars only got in accidents every few years...When you get in a plane you should be relieved that you aren't on the road...where you chances of dying are MUCH MUCH HIGHER! Just my $0.02

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Yea Greg You took the bate. Don't ya know Wheel by now? :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

Pigs

lmao!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(Dont forget we just had one here in Denver Greg......everyone lived here too)

I personally feel safer on the ground though. 8)

Well I agree with David Letterman on one thang that I know of. It come off one of his top 10 lists I think. We both agree that flying is safer than driving but if your driving and the motor dies at least you don't drop 30,000 feet. If the Lord had meant for us to fly He would have given us tickets. I had druther hang out with John Madden (smart feller) in the multimillion dollar MH.

bigwheel

I feel compelled to point out that the pilot was a gray haired old fart. 7 years in the Air Force and 29 years driving commercial jets.

ya know with all the traveling we do, hopping around, from comp to comp(unless we're taking our cooking gear) maybe we should have Captian Sully on the show to talk airplane safety for all who travle by plane. after all, Greg you always have the most informative guest on your show, right!
I quess it comes under "GENERAL DISCUSSION" LOL

Great idea Honcho...however, I can't imagine he would want to do this show when he will be getting requests from ALL of the national shows! :D

Well noticed today that Dubja was giving that young whuppersnapper pilot some mighty strong accolades. That is a good sign he done good in my book. Now I was of course astounded to hear the boy graduated high screwl in 69 :shock: Wow that was a bad year for the Roses and Grapes and such thangs not to even mention having a full time job of trying to avoid plodding through the rice paddys for whichever politician was calling the shots on that deal. I would turn a task of flying such a complicated piece of machinery as an aeroplane over to nobody who graduated after 1968. As we said at Whiskeyta Falls Senor High Screwl:

Fame and Fortune is our fate,
Senor class of 68"

Now a 68 graduate in charge of driving that aeoplane would have either dodged the geese or had a assemblage of Arkies forming a semi circle around the propellers holding 10 Gauge bolt action Mossenberg Goose Guns with instructions to shoot at any geese within a 10 mile radius. Ya know the gu'ment make all this common sense stuff too complicated. Just my dos centavos of course. Sounds like they could have limited out purty quick too. That is why at the airport they search old Norwegian Widder Ladies and let them walk by 20 year old middle eastern types who is wearing the Pizza Hut table cloth on their haids. We are living in a crazy world. Political Correctness is killing us. Who could ever believe it could become so deadly? It has killed 3,000 in Iraq last I checked. Just speaking Americkans here of course. Now here I have gone off on a rabbit trail. Sorry:) I gonna be off work for the next 4 days..best batten down the hatches :LOL:

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom