Pit Talk moved from Links Section

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Oh that little photo post of mine :) Hey if ya had the balls to post what you posted then i figured you could handle it,,good job. :)

Chris, anything you get on the Klose board when you are promoting Gator, is deserved. On the "neutral" boards like this, Texas BBQ Rub, BBQ News, etc, there is room for debate. Dave Klose pays the bills there and they can bash Gator all they want. It is, after all, a promotional site to sell Klose pits! I have to say, that Gator gets much more "promotion" on the neutral sites, like this one. That is largely due to Ritchie and his willingness to participate in open dialog on the forums. As far as Kirk's comment, I see far more folks sucking up to Ritch than I do Dave.That could well be because many of us know Ritch personally and like him. I personally try to stay out of it! Woodman

Good point Woody. I don't think you will see anyone going on Rich's site promoting Klose. Actually, they probably both have enough work and business to keep them busy for a while. I saw somewhere that the lead time on a Klose mobile now is around 12 weeks. But then again, it is that time of the year.

Everyone is allowed to state their opinions openly here. However, I will not tolerate personal attacks. If you have something of value to add fine...if you are going to call someone a liar or a turd then don't post!

What I have noticed is that Ritch and Dave have steered clear of this thread. They are both members and contributors to this forum and have chosen to be professional about this...perhaps some of you should take notes on that! :idea: :idea:

I agree that jumping forums just to cause trouble is unacceptable and if you get hammered then it's your own fault. However if you go into the Gator Forum and read through the archives you will find many folks (Not intent on bashing) who have asked questions about all manner of other pits including homemade, mods to other mfgs pits, and Klose pits. Ritch has also worked on pits made by other builders. I cannot remember even one instance where someone left the Gator Forum bruised. All left with an answer, and nary a scratch to their pride and not afraid to come back. Woody has been there longer than me so he may know of unsavory discussions that I'm not aware of. Did the members promote Gator pits in some cases? Yes! But as far as I recall, respectfully. I'm sure there have been cases and I don't like to see it happen but by and large it's a gentle group. BTW I'm sure many of you do not know that Chris 123 happens to be a 15 year old young man who loves to BBQ and is just getting started. I did not get the impression Chris went to Klose to bash the brand. I'm sure he was expecting some mature discussion as we are all adults. I think it's a shame that we have become so jaded as to neglect the new, young folks getting into the BBQ game. This ill mannered behavior needs to come to an end.

Actually, I don't go on the Klose site too much for the same reason I stay away from the Basso site. I HATE THE FORMAT! All of this prolly occurred in my absence! to everybody involved: Try not to get personal on this stuff. If you do, I'll bash your lyin turd faces in!

to Chris, you are only 15? Well, it is a tribute to your maturity that I did not even suspect that! It is cool that you like Floyd too. Try listening to some Yes as well. Woody

http://bbqpits.com/
2/23/06-4/03/06
Klose vs Gator
march 10,just over half way down the archives.

I actually pm'd the guy and gave him my advice,then i see he's posting on the Klose site,actually letting us all in on his opinion,well have a look or not.

I'm sure Woodman, Uncle Bubba, and BBQMMM can all attest that we all discovered the Texas BBQ Rub Forum because of one its members who we now all consider to be a good friend came over to the Klose site and reamed out Uncle Bubba for praising Klose pits on the Klose site. To be honest with you, at the time none of us had ever heard of Gator Pits. We all went over to the Texas site and had a little fun with them. My Kloset BBQR handle was invented that day to razz them a little. It was all in good fun and we discovered a great forum made a lot of new friends and then ultimately found this forum as well.

Both Rich and Dave are class guys and you will never hear the other say anything bad about each other pits. I'm beginning to think that BBQ pits need to be added to religion and politics as topics you shouldn't talk about with friends but as long as the jabbing is in the spirit of fun, flame away. Each of us love our choices and stand behind them.

By the way I'm heading down to Alabama this evening to bring back my new competition cooker, the Jedmaster. Guess I'll have to change my handle to Jed Kloset! :grin:

I like that Dave H guy on that forum. He always makes alot of sense and asks the best questions.!!!!!

It is JUST a bbq pit...I can not even believe that there has been 5 pages of responses to this thread and most of it in a bad nature...you gotta be kidding me?

I have never seen ANY WSM owner go on such an attack as has been displayed here by the Klose guys. Drink a beer and chill the Fu*k out! #-o

Greg Rempe said:
It is JUST a bbq pit...I can not even believe that there has been 5 pages of responses to this thread and most of it in a bad nature...you gotta be kidding me?

I have never seen ANY WSM owner go on such an attack as has been displayed here by the Klose guys. Drink a beer and chill the Fu*k out! #-o
=D> =D> =D> :(

Yeah keep talking it's your forum.
The past 2 years i get plenty of emails from the KC forum about my ****
pit,now the questions are always,,how much?how's it cook? blah blah blah,and there's always a link to the Gator pit site,with a if you go Gator get the square firebox,,editing:eek:h in my response,,,Now i have to go watch some funny looking guy,shuu chii shui shiii he keeps repeating on CNN,maybe he'll tell me why i have to return my made in china New Balance shoes they sent me from the US.

Kloset BBQR said:
I'm sure Woodman, Uncle Bubba, and BBQMMM can all attest that we all discovered the Texas BBQ Rub Forum because of one its members who we now all consider to be a good friend came over to the Klose site and reamed out Uncle Bubba for praising Klose pits on the Klose site. To be honest with you, at the time none of us had ever heard of Gator Pits. We all went over to the Texas site and had a little fun with them. My Kloset BBQR handle was invented that day to razz them a little. It was all in good fun and we discovered a great forum made a lot of new friends and then ultimately found this forum as well.

Both Rich and Dave are class guys and you will never hear the other say anything bad about each other pits. I'm beginning to think that BBQ pits need to be added to religion and politics as topics you shouldn't talk about with friends but as long as the jabbing is in the spirit of fun, flame away. Each of us love our choices and stand behind them.

By the way I'm heading down to Alabama this evening to bring back my new competition cooker, the Jedmaster. Guess I'll have to change my handle to Jed Kloset! :grin:

How about Jed Clampett?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom