Pics that JB requested of south La. marshland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buffarilo

Cook
JB ask me to take some pics of the marshland where he goes duck hunting with his family. Pecan Island is about 28 miles from my house. I go duck hunting in my back yard, I live on a rice farm anyway here we go.

Fishing warfs on La. Hwy. 82

More warfs

Cormorants

Coots in french we say poule d' eau (chicken of the water) pronounce
pull do

more poule d' eau

Marshland

Boat going through the Fresh water/Salt water locks.

I work for a indepent telephone company that has a office in Pecan Island for Hurrican Rita we had about 8 feet of water in our office. Now look at the office now.

Hope you enjoy it.

Buffarilo

Man Buffarilo, You make me want to get out the shoot gun, I'll bet none of the folks here will wade out in the bayou & drag in their catch to the bank. Super Great pic's Boy!!! Makin me want to fire up the mud boat...

That looks like a cool place to hunt and fish. Is the water brackish? Do yall use airboats around there? Noisy son-of-a-guns! :D

Air boats and mud boats

SS
Yea man the water is brackish. They us both air boats and mud boats. But is can be very hostal place if your boat breaks down.

Skeeters will carry yer ass off, You gotta bath in Off repelint. Some air boats have problems. A mud boat uses V8 Chevy or Ford motors. They aint gonna let ya down. God forbid stayin in the marsh over nite. You will be eaten alive Boy...

Here's a pic from where I duck/goose hunt. The boy is my 14 yr old nephew. The other person is my oldest son. The water is the Bering Sea.

Duck hunting

I will try to take some more pictures this winter where I hunt in the rice feilds in my back yard and the marsh lands of Pecan Island.

Buffarilo

Buffarilo, that is fine country. My buddy and I rode our bikes from Sabine pass along the coast line (rt 82 ?) of La. No cars, road to ourselves, Gulf on the right and wild flowers on the left. Beautiful !!!

Bufarilo, those pictures look exactly like the everglades south of Lake Okeechobee down to Florida City on the Bay. Ours is fresh water though.
Truly God's Country. We run airboats exclusively in that terrain.

Oz said:
Bufarilo, those pictures look exactly like the everglades south of Lake Okeechobee down to Florida City on the Bay. Ours is fresh water though.
Truly God's Country. We run airboats exclusively in that terrain.

Yep, I thought the same thing.

Back in 1959 I hitchhiked from Bogalusa to Biloxi through that kind country one night. That was a damn long night for a NY Yankee, I just knew a big old ally-gator was gonna come up out of that swamp and eat my ass. Those little Cajun gals just drove this yankee boy wild, my momma never did warn me about them. 8)

Back
Top Bottom