Picked up a Meadow Creek TS 250 today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
Chris and Dave Turner sold me their MC cooker today. It is large enough to fit Uncle Bubba in it....err, scratch that...Wittdog in it...well greased.
Gonna fire it up tomorrow. The wheels are far back near the fire box which makes the hitch real heavy. Barb has a hell of a time pushing it into position. I might get her a harness.
I have a pig scheduled for it on Feb 23. Can't wait.

Rag said:
Chris and Dave Turner sold me their MC cooker today. It is large enough to fit Uncle Bubba in it....err, scratch that...Wittdog in it...well greased.

Barb has a hell of a time pushing it into position. I might get her a harness.
I have a pig scheduled for it on Feb 23. Can't wait.

Bubba and ole Wittdog are gunna kick your old SS ass, and your lovely wife might just kick ya in the canollis , for that remark... :evil:

Congrats on the 250 Smoke wiff it in good health!!!!

Nice looking pit, at least the one on their web site looks good, haven't seen yours yet. :LOL:

Okay, here's some pics. I have a charcoal cooker sitting in the wood basket. I'll cut the legs down and bolt it in later. This will be my chicken cooker and rib finisher. Looks goofy sitting there now.
Have a splatched bird cooking in it (the MC).
Barb is doing better with the rope I gave her to use.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Rag/meadowcreek/

Nice rig and a great use of the CG.
Tell Barb she should use the truck next to her to pull the cooker :LOL: ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
Great looking pit! Is that a guru hooked up to it?[/quote

I always use the Guru. Yesterday I was doing a test burn with 6 temp probes in different spots to find cool or hot areas. Not being ready to start my chicken cook, I let the fire burn down.
The pit was at 195* when I flopped the chicken on. I half filled the fire box with wood (which had burned down to coals) and set the Guru for 300*. It came right up and stopped at 300 with no over shoot. I love that gizzmo. It's like having an illegal aliean tend the the fire.

Gary in VA said:
how does it compare to the Lang?

Good question.....
Lang = more damper controls such as between fire box/cook chamber
= damper IN smoke stack
= has vent between fire box and warmer
= has vent between cook chamber and warmer
= cost less

MC = larger (same as Land 84
= parts fit better
= welding higher quality
= nice cam-over lockin handles
= has slide out ash pan
= has SS slide out grates...top and bottom
= doors on both sides

Haven't cooked enough on MC, but would expect the cooks to be the same (results)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom