One of Life's more difficult decisions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
So I'm doing my ribs yesterday around 5:00pm. I go outside to take the foil off. As I am removing the foil the tornado sirens start going off. First thing i do is look at my watch and make sure it's not 6:00pm for the daily siren. No chance. I run into the house to see what is happening and sure enough all the local stations have their "Storm Center" modes in full gear. I get my kids gathered up and told them to stay put. My wife went to "take a ride" (I pissed her off) so I called her and told her to get her AS$ home. She pulls in and says "why are sirens going off?" I told her about the warning. Meanwhile, I have to decide what to do about my ribs. We took the EZ up down and put everything away except for the pit. I couldn't decide whether to take my chances or take the easy and safe way out and finish them in the oven. I decided to leave 'em on the pit. Never did rain and no tornado. It was just a little unnerving to hear tornado sirens while cooking que. Ribs were very tasty but had too much pull for my tastes.

Finney said:
Sometimes you just have to cook through the sirens. 8-[

NO, NO, NO. You did the right thing by getting cover. Those things scar the bejabers out of me. I had one go right over my house and hit a church behind me. Very devistating.

Uncle Bubba running into the house, I'd pay good money to see that! :grin: But seriously, What's a few racks or ribs compared to the safety of your family. :dunno:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Uncle Bubba running into the house, I'd pay good money to see that! :grin: But seriously, What's a few racks or ribs compared to the safety of your family. :dunno:
Ah heck... his family was safe inside the house. He was the only one that would have been outside.

Just think... there wouldn't have been any Wizard of Oz if Dorothy had gone in and finished her ribs in the oven. :^o

Finney said:
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Ah heck... his family was safe inside the house. He was the only one that would have been outside.

Just think... there wouldn't have been any Wizard of Oz if Dorothy had gone in and finished her ribs in the oven. :^o
Or her TOTO in the oven =P~
If it wasn't for "him", she wouldn't have been in that mess.

I cook through tornado's all the time up here. They are just a necessary evil! Last week, I mowed the lawn in one. Week before that, I planted tomatoes in a category 5! Sack up Bubba!

I figured the hell with it. What a good way to go anyways. I was more worried about my EZ up. Kids were safe and wife's insurance paid up. Guess i'll have to cancel that 30"x9 Klose with the upright and slideout. :loony: :loony: :loony:

Back
Top Bottom