One hell of a morning on the Carolina coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
driving in to work at 5:30, got detoured around 2
bodies in the road (covered with sheets) and get
to work and find out 9 firefighters were killed in
Charleston. Ugh.

Early reports on the news last night were saying 7 were unaccounted for, then around 1am the news reported 2 killed. I was shocked to hear 9 this morning; thoughts and prayers to their families and the fire service.

I was a pretty sad night in Charleston and Summerville last night and this morning. The Town of Summerville sent two pumpers and two other support vehicles to support the Charleston FD. One of our Town Council memebrs have two sons that work for the Charleston FD. Three of the men caught in the fire were from Summerville, but worked for Chasn FD

Just found out that a friend of mine's son was one of the nine killed in the fire.
What a terrible situation for eveyone involved.

my thoughts and prayers go out to all . this type of stuff makes you think a lot about yourself and family . [smilie=hug.gif]

That is so sad. My heart goes out to those families. This has been a horrible week for tragedies resulting from fires. A friend of mine in VA Beach lost her son this past Friday in a fire at their home. He was 10 years old and autistic. Apparently, when the fire started he ran into his bedroom and they could not get him out in time. I have never met my friend in person but I cried as if it was my own family when I heard the tragic news.
http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.c ... &ran=40436

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom