On the road again....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
The wife and I are celebrating our 25th this weekend and are heading to Tn. Gonna base out of Nashville and explore from there. When we were there in the spring, it was pretty much a 3 day drunkfest. This time we are doing the Grand ole Opry Friday night, going to the Tn state fair, touring Barbara Mandrels old house and some plantation trip the wife found. We are gonna try swinging through Lynchburg to tour the JD plant. Hope to revisit the Country music hall of fame too.. As we will be exploring within a few hours south of the city, anyone got any food suggestions ?

Well Tom T. Hall mentioned in one of his songs some of the local drunk singing stars eating chili at Tootsies. Try that. Prob some of the yankee stuff with tomater soup and kidney beans in it. Yum yum.

Oh... we are no stranger to Tootsies... the wife drove my fat butt home from there more than once on our last trip. I'm sure we will be doing some stool time there this weekend

john pen said:
The wife and I are celebrating our 25th this weekend and are heading to Tn. Gonna base out of Nashville and explore from there. When we were there in the spring, it was pretty much a 3 day drunkfest. This time we are doing the Grand ole Opry Friday night, going to the Tn state fair, touring Barbara Mandrels old house and some plantation trip the wife found. We are gonna try swinging through Lynchburg to tour the JD plant. Hope to revisit the Country music hall of fame too.. As we will be exploring within a few hours south of the city, anyone got any food suggestions ?
Congrats! on your 25th and the drunkfest! ;)

Keep track of the mileage. There is a certain point reached when you get the best deal for trading them in for newer..sportier models. I accidentally skipped that critical juncture with the Warden and we be celebrating 43 years of lock down...er I mean wedded bliss in Oct. Is it still ok for you to stagger in the house at 3 AM reeking of gin and cheap perfume? If not..that is a clue.

Enjoy the trip!
25 years is a good start, but some of us are still going at 45 years.
So there's even more trips to look forward to.
Enjoy the journey.

Congrats

Back
Top Bottom