Okay, so I'm............................................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
asking for your help. You all know that my son is stationed in Iraq now. A while back lots of folks asked for address so they could write or send stuff. He has been recieving more than his fair share of stuff and asked not to have anyone else send him stuff. ( He usually gets 1 or 2 packages a week). I asked him if there were any in his unit that recieve little or no stuff from home and he sent me a list of 4 guys. If anybody is still interested in sending letters or packages to any of these guys please PM me. The USPS has a flat rate box that they ship to them for about $10. Weight doesn't matter so long as it fits in the box.

Thanks for your support
Nick

I would like to send them some hawg guts to wrap around the bits and pieces of the sewercide bombers afore they go in the hole. Reckon we could slip that past the guv'ment PC inspectors? Maybe get Al Jazerra out there to film it. Think that would get that mess over with by tomorrow. If them is buried with pig parts they do not get the 72 virgins or get to pal around with Allah ya know?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I would like to send them some hawg guts to wrap around the bits and pieces of the sewercide bombers afore they go in the hole. Reckon we could slip that past the guv'ment PC inspectors? Maybe get Al Jazerra out there to film it. Think that would get that mess over with by tomorrow. If them is buried with pig parts they do not get the 72 virgins or get to pal around with Allah ya know?

bigwheel
Sounds like a waste of hog guts to me.

I'll be replying to all the pm's this weekend. I'm gonna divide up the names and ask some to send letters, some to send packages then maybe in a few weeks we can reverse and the leter senders send packages and the package senders send letters. One of the guys whos address my son sent doesn't even get letters from his family. How can you do that to your kid? These guys aren't asking for anything but I just feel sorry that they get nothing come mail call every week. Things they use are athletes foot spray, jock itch powder, socks, baby wipes, magazines, small individual packages of candy, beef jerky, protien bars, ice tea and lemonade mix, deoderant, eye drops, newspapers, vacum sealed packages of tuna, indivual packages of mayonaise, mustard, ketchup, gum...........

These guys my son is with (14 in all) aren't on a base, they stay in town all the time in one of the two police stations. My son says the temps cool down at night to around 100 - 105 degrees. They are in full fatigues all day and night. They never know when the electric is gonna be one or when the water is gonna be running. He went to take a shower the other day ( first in 10 days) and just when he lathered himself up, the water stopped flowing. He had to finish his shower with baby wipes. And he says, not one of them complain. I really appriciate all who have offered to help and like I said, I'll PM you all this weekend and see if we can work a schedule out.

Thanks to the greatest bunch of folks ever!
Nick

Here's an email from a listener...

Thanks for the info Jim - I sent 4 care packages today - one to each -- in the flat rate boxes - you were right -- they hold a lot. I had to make 2 trips to the store just to get enough to fill them up. I also enclosed personal letters in each package -- It was fun and I feel so good now. I think these guys are going to get a lot of (at least) letters. Even my 85 year old mom in Coos Bay Oregon is going to write to them.

Thanks for posting the names.

Kathy Davis

Know your gonna get a good response here. Tell ya whut them folks also dearly cherish is them energy boosting drinks..Red Bull etc. Also think the rule is dont send nothing in an aerosol can. Used to be the rule anyway.

bigwheel

This Thursday morning we're holding a drive during my show at a
local donut shop...asking people to come by and donate the items, then we'll ship em over...hoping for a good turnout...lots of retired vets in this area.

i'm still waiting for the info here . i have all the people at my office wanting to help out .

please if you get the chance send me some info so we can help our brave men and women of the United States of America . THE BEST PLACE TO BE BORN AND RAISED . [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Captain Morgan said:
hey guys, we've the names and addresses at www.wezv.com

click on the button next to the flag.

nice post cappy....click on that link and click the flag, it will provide you with 4 names and addresses to send the items to. Suggestions are also made as to what these guys need.

Back
Top Bottom