ok got bored, so bought a new grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
one thing missing from my collection. Went for an 18 inch Weber Gold Kettle...had to settle for the 22 inch.

Will spend a short while assembling, then maybe make some steaks tonight.

I agree.. I think you'll be happier with the larger grill. Good Eats tonight! :D

Captain you wont be disappointed with the Gold. Bigger is better. You can grill and smoke with the 22.5" grill.

Defintely think about getting the rottisorie. It probably costs more than the grill itself but is a fantastic addition. The ring attachment adds inches of height to your grill. You'll be able to smoke a turkey in it.

Kloset

well for smoking, I'll probably use my WSM. For quick grills I'll use my Weber Genesis A (which I don't like and is why I bought the Kettle).

For large cooks, I'll use my tow behind (custom).

I guess, like I said I'm bored. Maybe that rotisserie would be fun.
But I just read in the owners manual that a rotisserie isn't needed because the lid circulates the air around the food! :shock:

Well, I guess you can't believe everything you read.!

Steaks tonight!

By the way, the assembly was a snap! I didn't like the "pictures only" instructions, but still it was simple. They wanted 15 bucks to assemble that! It took about 10 minutes!

I'll use that money on a steak for tonight!

Now, should I do a pre burn or anything before actually cooking?
I believe no reason to season since its a Weber.

Capt. I'm on my way to Homers to buy the same one! I've been looking at the 18 and 22 both Gold & Silver. Settled on the 22 Gold. As a matter of fact I gotta run, my wife is ready to leave. :D

well we'll learn together! Looks like about 5 responses since I post here, zero since I posted at TVWB site!

Congrats Greg, and thanks to all for the advice. I know Susan will chime in when get's through with gourmet dinner!

I don't know if it'snecessary for a pre-burn but I always do it just to make sure...You can smell something burning off when you do..

Also, saved yourself $15 AND made sure it was put together right!! Everything I buy that's pre-assembled always needs this tightened, that moved to the right hole...

I do too, 'cept on Christmas morning..It's an all day affair with 2 youngin's :LOL:

Your right Capt. I just finished putting mine together. It took 10 minutes. I already bought a couple of London Broils for tomorrow. Gonna marinade them in Mojo marinade!

Gonna use it again today....making a grilled veggie/brown rice side that I really like.

Don't know what the main entree will be....have to poke around the meat aisle and see what looks good.

Captain Morgan said:
Gonna use it again today....making a grilled veggie/brown rice side that I really like.

Don't know what the main entree will be....have to poke around the meat aisle and see what looks good.

Cappie, you gotta recipe (you'd like to share) for the vegetable/rice salad? Doing some teriyaki chicken thighs on the grill today and was looking for something new to go with it? Sounds like your dish might go good with it! Thanks

yeah I grill yellow squash and zuchinni, onion, and corn on the cob (don't have any today, so just adding frozen corn. I marinade the veggies in a plastic bag with olive oil, spices (tumeric, snp, garlic) and herbs (basil oregano, parsley). Obviously you can use any spices or herbs you want, or veggies for that matter.

While they're grilling, get your rice going. I like to use chicken stock or at least add a little bouillon. When the veggies are done, cube em up and fold into the rice. Cover and let it set awhile to meld.

I usually make a mess of it and save it for other meals that week.
I also add a dollop of sour cream on the side because it looks to healthy with it.

Something about those veggies, taken just past al dente, combining with that rice....good stuff. Easy too!

Becky got me a veggie skillet for the grill last summer. I love it...nothing better than asparagus, carrots, potatoes, string beans, zuccini and whatever else (peppers)...drench in EVOO and season up and flash on the grill!

I usually make them when we have steaks...veggies first...hold them and then serve when steaks are finished! LOVE VEGGIES!! :D

Back
Top Bottom