Off topic turkey fryer whathavenot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwheel

Master Chef
I would forget that deal. Them things is a pain. Like to burned down the house a few years back using one of the goofy things. Talk em into smoked fresh picnics. Much mo betta than Turkey in any configuration which might be envisioned. Just my dos centavos of course.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I would forget that deal. Them things is a pain. Like to burned down the house a few years back using one of the goofy things. Talk em into smoked fresh picnics. Much mo betta than Turkey in any configuration which might be envisioned. Just my dos centavos of course.

bigwheel

#1) I'm not an idiot, I live in Kansas not Texas we don't use propane indoors

#2) Again, I don't live in Texas, so we don't eat 'smoked picnics' on Thanksgiving

#3) When November rolls around, my family is tired of 'smoked picnics', since they've been eating them all summer

#4) I wasn't looking for someone to talk me out of a turkey fryer, I was looking for someone who had one or knew someone who used one and wanted to know which ONE to get.

#5) If you eat 'smoked picnics' at your house bigwheel for Thanksgiving that's great. I hope all your guests enjoy it

Thanks Puff for the info, that's all I was lookin for. Just a once a year thing to fry a turkey.

I don't want to come off as an a$$hole, because I usually just sit back and keep my mouth shut, but thanks anyway for the suggestion bigwheel.

Well since you obviously a hard headed Kansas farmboy who aint gonna listen to reason...go buy the cheapest turkey gizmo they got at Academy Sports. They usually get down to 25 bucks or so. Go to Sams and buy the Creamy Heavy Duty frying oil from them. The peanut oil is utter nonsense invented for the purpose of parting dumb yups from their Platinum Visor Cards. Fry till your grease gets dirty then have your mama in law dig a hole and bury the used grease in the backyard. Thats how I always done it. Hope this helps. If you just got eat them nasty critters..they much mo betta smoked than fried. Actually they betta slow grilled over mesquite coals. Dont even get me started on that subject or speaking of Rotesseses. They expecting you at Academy.

bigwheel

Thanks for the input. I was looking into a larger size like 32qt. The bayou classic seems to be the most popular when searched on line.

And bigwheel, if I could actually understand what you are saying, I might take it into consideration. Also, I'm not a 'farmboy', I actually live in kansas CITY not kansas farmland. Also, what you people do down in texas is your business, I'm just glad Oklahoma is there to separate my state from yours.

DATsBBQ said:
A couple of years ago(?), at an outdoor party, the "used" oil was dumped into a 55 gallon burn barrel. Burn barrel had a fire in it. Flames went 30ft into the air!

Town later passed an ordinance making it illegal to do that kind of thing. :cry:

Must of been a Texan that dumped the oil.

Sincerely,
Finney
(I'm at Larry's computer)

Ahhh...a city slicker huh? This could be even mo worser than I thought. Now as you know everthing is bigga and betta in Texas. Thats whut cuz a little jealousy sometimes. My turkey frying pot is 16 gallons and you can do 4 turkeys at once if old Albert was correctumondo about his theory of the heat remaining constant..hot air rising etc. If this deal be true you could fry ever turkey in Turkey purty quick. Anyway I mail you the plans on how to make one for only five bucks. Let me know. Now this do not count having to buy the empty beer keg. That add about 9 bucks so you in like Flynn with the largest turkey frying pot in the urband areas of Kansas. Let me know whut you decide. Thanks.

bigwheel

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Thanks for the input. I was looking into a larger size like 32qt. The bayou classic seems to be the most popular when searched on line.

And bigwheel, if I could actually understand what you are saying, I might take it into consideration. Also, I'm not a 'farmboy', I actually live in kansas CITY not kansas farmland. Also, what you people do down in texas is your business, I'm just glad Oklahoma is there to separate my state from yours.

bigwheel said:
Ahhh...a city slicker huh? This could be even mo worser than I thought. Now as you know everthing is bigga and betta in Texas. Thats whut cuz a little jealousy sometimes. My turkey frying pot is 16 gallons and you can do 4 turkeys at once if old Albert was correctumondo about his theory of the heat remaining constant..hot air rising etc. If this deal be true you could fry ever turkey in Turkey purty quick. Anyway I mail you the plans on how to make one for only five bucks. Let me know. Now this do not count having to buy the empty beer keg. That add about 9 bucks so you in like Flynn with the largest turkey frying pot in the urband areas of Kansas. Let me know whut you decide. Thanks.

bigwheel[/url]

Any chance you care to repeat that in English??

He said that his turkey pot is made out of a beer keg and is 64 qts. Sounds like he'll sell you "plans" to make one for $5.

I got a copy of the plans from a friend. It's a "Post it" note that says, "Cut top off of beer keg".

Dang your a purty smart feller to figger out the beer keg needs the top cut off. Best deal on that is to hang around the beer joint and wait for a drunk welder to come in who owns one of them plasma arc cutting gizmos.

bigwheel

Finney said:
He said that his turkey pot is made out of a beer keg and is 64 qts. Sounds like he'll sell you "plans" to make one for $5.

I got a copy of the plans from a friend. It's a "Post it" note that says, "Cut top off of beer keg".

Thanks Finney! Nice to talk to someone that doesn't sound like they have marbles in their mouth!

Bigwheel, that's a big profit margin on your part if the plans are so simple they could be written on a "post it" note. You trying to rip people off or are the prices of the "Post it" notes in Texas as over inflated as the Texans ego's?

Well bigwheel, unlike you, everyone else has posted some kind of information that not only I can read but I can use.

It's sad that the education system in Texas does not offer english and composition classes. Ooops, sorry , big word 'composition', how bout 'reedin 'n righten'

Now, I'm not one for controversy, man, another big word, sorry, 'talkyn meen n such', but honestly Bigwheel, I would appreciate some kind of information I might actually use or someone else might actually use regarding this post. Otherwise if you have nothing to comment regarding Turkey Fryers and the proper use of them, cook times, safety etc..then do what most people do when they have nothing to contribute, don't say anything.

DATsBBQ said:
A.B.'s Gear for Your Kitchen, page 29:
"As of the writing, UL. Underwriters Laboratories does not certify any propane turkey fryer rig that I know of. That's because they're dangerous. They tip over, they cause fires, and let's face it, it's tough to get rid of several gallons of fry oil after one use. I would nver fry a turkey anyway. Even if it actually tasted good, which I don't thinkt it does, too many accidents happen".

The book also the terracotta smoker rig in it.

Just some food for thought.
Dat's a turkey fryer is like anyother tool....with the proper precautions and some common sense....

Well no..I aint no shameless huckster...I was gonna email him the plans for the giant turkey pot for free. The 5 bucks only go toward the shipping and handling charges.

bigwheel

Griff said:
bigwheel said:
Anyway I mail you the plans on how to make one for only five bucks.

Bigwheel, are you shamelessly hawking your turkey fryer plans on this board?

Griff

Well guess we having some kinda communication problem here. I done tole you where to buy the turkey frying stuff (Academy Sports.) I tole you how to make a giant SS turkey frying pot..in case you wanted to play like you was a Texan and have a big one. I tole you whut kinda grease to use and where to buy it (Creamy Heavy Duty Frying Shortening from Sams). I give you a hint on how to get rid of the oil when you was done. You either have a bad case of short term memory loss or maybe you just a nagger. I will try to figger it out and reach a decision shortly.

bigwheel

Well bigwheel, unlike you, everyone else has posted some kind of information that not only I can read but I can use.

It's sad that the education system in Texas does not offer english and composition classes. Ooops, sorry , big word 'composition', how bout 'reedin 'n righten'

Now, I'm not one for controversy, man, another big word, sorry, 'talkyn meen n such', but honestly Bigwheel, I would appreciate some kind of information I might actually use or someone else might actually use regarding this post. Otherwise if you have nothing to comment regarding Turkey Fryers and the proper use of them, cook times, safety etc..then do what most people do when they have nothing to contribute, don't say anything.

bigwheel said:
Well guess we having some kinda communication problem here. I done tole you where to buy the turkey frying stuff (Academy Sports.) I tole you how to make a giant SS turkey frying pot..in case you wanted to play like you was a Texan and have a big one. I tole you whut kinda grease to use and where to buy it (Creamy Heavy Duty Frying Shortening from Sams). I give you a hint on how to get rid of the oil when you was done. You either have a bad case of short term memory loss or maybe you just a nagger. I will try to figger it out and reach a decision shortly.

bigwheel

my point exactly......you provide nothing but useless drivel.....Oops, more big words, let's go to Webster's Dictionary for the meaning of 'drivel'

Pronunciation: 'dri-v&l
Function: noun
2 : to talk stupidly and carelessly

Helen_Paradise said:
Oil...

How many uses can you get from say...your one pot? Several, but depends on what you are frying.

Where/how do YOU usually dispose of the oil? I drive to Texas and bury it in Big Wheel's momma's yard.

If I want to store the oil, after the cheesy cloth filter...how or what should it be stored in? I put it back in original container and store in cool dark place.

Say I have half a pot of oil and need to add more...can I mix used with new? Yes

Well that purty funny a fella supposedly come looking for help on frying turkey lurkey and folks give him some help as best they know how..and then he gets his bad mouth to moving when they dont tell him whut he wants to hear. You have a strange personality. Believe I would let Toto do the cooking on this deal whilst you relax with some of that stuff which cuzs the short term memory losses. You seem a little tense. If the doc got you on some meds...be sure and take em.

bigwheel

[/quote][/quote]

my point exactly......you provide nothing but useless drivel.....Oops, more big words, let's go to Webster's Dictionary for the meaning of 'drivel'

2 : to talk stupidly and carelessly[/quote]

bigwheel said:
Well that purty funny a fella supposedly come looking for help on frying turkey lurkey and folks give him some help as best they know how..and then he gets his bad mouth to moving when they dont tell him whut he wants to hear. You have a strange personality. Believe I would let Toto do the cooking on this deal whilst you relax with some of that stuff which cuzs the short term memory losses. You seem a little tense. If the doc got you on some meds...be sure and take em.

bigwheel
[/quote]

2 : to talk stupidly and carelessly[/quote][/quote]

I think you need to learn how to read. I was looking for information regarding the subject I initially posted then you had to throw your 'dos centavos' in telling me it's not worth the trouble and to eat a 'smoked picnic'

Once I called you out you turned your attitude around to the pro and started providing nonsense and again, useless information.

There has been plenty of informative information regarding Turkey Fryers from many people who can actually spell correctly and put proper sentences together. Being someone who does not own a turkey fryer and has never done one myself, I actually found a lot of useful information that I am actually going to use.

Unfortunately for your sake, none of what you have posted has been the least bit HELPFUL, therefore your posts continue to babble about nothing and again you continue to spew nonsense.

Why don't you just save myself and many people who read this thread a lot of grief and stop giving us your 'dos centavos' because it's drivel-o

Well said MBF! I was beginning to think it was only me who didn't like his posts. I hope everybody gets a chance to read these before they all get deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom