Off-Topic Sasuage...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DATsBBQ said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
Well, I for one haven’t seen the first positive thing that Big Wheel has offered this forum. He continues to pick apart every post that doesn’t start in Texas. Can someone show me where he has been an asset to this forum?

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=7167
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=6678
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... ht=#100141
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... ght=#99393

Don't have to look too hard.

Like I said, take out the Texas & yankee crap and he has stuff to offer! Not one of those recipes will taste better in Texas!

I just love PC liberals. Would it make you happy if I promise to vote for Hillary? :)

bigwheel

Unity said:
After getting stomped for reacting in public before, I've communicated some of my concerns by PM, to Greg and to BW. BW's bullying behavior tamed down for a while but it has crept back. For example, the "Eubonics" references in recent days (that's "Ebonics," by the way) are starting to try my patience. I don't enjoy pulling up my unread posts and finding racism and similar blanket prejudices, or ethnic slurs and similar verbal abuse. I don't think any of us -- or at least the majority of us -- want the board to be a hateful place.

--John

I find BW's lingo quite humorus. But then, I is from Texas. East Texas, where the BBQ is crappy according th BW. :shock: HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

bigwheel said:
I just love PC liberals. Would it make you happy if I promise to vote for Hillary? :)

bigwheel

Unity said:
After getting stomped for reacting in public before, I've communicated some of my concerns by PM, to Greg and to BW. BW's bullying behavior tamed down for a while but it has crept back. For example, the "Eubonics" references in recent days (that's "Ebonics," by the way) are starting to try my patience. I don't enjoy pulling up my unread posts and finding racism and similar blanket prejudices, or ethnic slurs and similar verbal abuse. I don't think any of us -- or at least the majority of us -- want the board to be a hateful place.

--John

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike him anymore! :LOL:

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Shipwrecked
>> A man was washed up on a beach after a terrible shipwreck.
>>
>> Only a sheep and a sheepdog were washed up with him.
>> After looking around, he realized that they were stranded on a Deserted
>> island.
>>
>> After being there for awhile, he got into the habit of taking his two
>> animal companions to the beach every evening to watch the sun set.
>>
>> One particular evening, the sky was a fiery red with beautiful cirrus
>> clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle- a perfect night for romance.
>>
>> As they sat there, the sheep started looking better and better to the
>> lonely man. Soon, he leaned over to the sheep and put his arm around it.
>>
>> But the sheepdog, ever protective of the sheep, growled fiercely until
>> the man took his arm from around the sheep.
>>
>> After that, the three of them continued to enjoy the sunsets together,
>> but there was no more cuddling.
>>
>> A few weeks passed by and, lo and behold, there was another shipwreck.
>> The only survivor was Hillary Clinton.
>>
>> That evening, the man introduced Hillary to the evening beach ritual. It
>> was another beautiful evening - red sky, cirrus clouds, a warm and gentle
>> breeze - perfect for a night of romance. Pretty soon, the man stared to
>> get "those feelings" again.
>>
>> He fought the urge as long as he could, but he finally gave in and leaned
>> over to Hillary cautiously, and whispered in her ear......
>>
>> "Would you mind taking the dog for a walk?"

Hope thats not to politically incorrect for Y'all...

Nick Prochilo said:
Like I said, take out the Texas & yankee crap and he has stuff to offer! Not one of those recipes will taste better in Texas!

They will taste better in Texas if its 20 and snowing here and 80 and sunny there !!!

john pen said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3lwsxiuw]

They will taste better in Texas if its 20 and snowing here and 80 and sunny there !!![/quote:3lwsxiuw]

Only if you were planning on eating outdoors!

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Unity said:

--John
I feel the love. Like when you told me you love Yankees. If we met face-to-face, BW, I expect you'd brandishyour Sig .40.

--John
(That's illegal in Virginia, but I gather that it's okay in Texas.)

Unity said:
I feel the love. Like when you told me you love Yankees. If we met face-to-face, BW, I expect you'd brandishyour Sig .40.

--John
(That's illegal in Virginia, but I gather that it's okay in Texas.)

Its Ok in New York too, they tried to take them away but it didnt work, thank god...

DATsBBQ said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
Well, I for one haven’t seen the first positive thing that Big Wheel has offered this forum. He continues to pick apart every post that doesn’t start in Texas. Can someone show me where he has been an asset to this forum?

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=7167
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=6678
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... ht=#100141
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... ght=#99393

Don't have to look too hard.

Yeah, he posts a few recipies. He has pissed off more people than the posts he has made.

I will get off my horse now. If you folks want to put up with his demeaning other members then so be it. I cant take it any more.

Bill..Bill..Bill..you seem a little tense and overwrought. Having worked with firemen for many years..as you might imagine I have accumulated more than a passing knowledge of the genre. Based on my vast expurience in this area..it would be my recommendation that you go squirt some water on something...ideally something that is combusting. I know how yall love that kinda stuff. I think it would help you to relax a bit. Just my dos centavos of course:) If that dont work try a Valium and half a jug of Vodka. There aint no sense in getting yourself all stressed out here. Sliding down the pole a few times should help too..if they still got poles in your neck of the woods of course. If not..forget about the pole deal.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Hmmm...that some kinda outta state eubonics on dat one brudder. Could ya perhaps translate it into Foat Wuth type palaver so us simple minded types might get a grasp? Thanks.

bigwheel

Unity said:
For example, the "Eubonics" references in recent days (that's "Ebonics," by the way) are starting to try my patience. I don't enjoy pulling up my unread posts and finding racism and similar blanket prejudices, or ethnic slurs and similar verbal abuse. I don't think any of us -- or at least the majority of us -- want the board to be a hateful place.

--John

John
I know how this place started and are you speaking for the group cause if that statment by BW racist and a ethnic slur then this place has become way to PC. The man is a racist for using the word Ebonics?

Sad day.

I'm not about to weigh in here...however:

1. Ebonics is a recognized language by YOUR government, is taught in schools and therefore not a racist remark in my book (which is the only book that counts)

2. Most importantly, I have said it before and I will say it again...the door to this forum swings both ways. If you don't like it...LEAVE!!

--not directed to anyone in particular...but to the public in general. This forum will not become like the rest...that's what makes this forum what it is...just ask anyone! 8)

Jim, Greg, I believe you're focusing so narrowly on the word Ebonics that you're missing how BW uses it. He's not talking about a nonstandard dialect of English in some neutral scholarly sense, he's using the word as a shorhand label for racial stereotypes. A code. However you cut it, racial stereotyping is a form of racism. When I see him saying things like "[I j]ust try to keep sharp on the Foat Wuth eubonics so if I happen to wind up outta gas over in Stop Six I bees able to comoonicate with em," and "I usually flash em a Sig .40. They understands that purty well too:)," I see contemptuous ridicule and an attitude of superiority on top of stereotypes. Add it all together and it sure looks like racism.

Now I don't know what the man really feels and believes. He's obviously putting on an act at least some of the time. Maybe it's all just ignorant, innocent fun and he doesn't know that a Black person browsing the board would be affronted and outraged. Maybe he loves Blacks just like he loves PC liberals and Yankees.

So, Greg, are you asking me to leave the board?

--John

john pen said:
Wow, this is really turning into a bunch of crap....

The Boss said his comments weren't aimed at anyone in particular. Take him at his word.

WTF, why am I doing this? :shock:

John is correct, this is becoming a bunch of crap.

I'm getting tired of the hypersenseativities (if that's a word) of those who for what ever reason feel that they must carry the flag of those they feel are oppressed.

I'll say it again. No I won't, it's like trying to teach a pig to sing. Y'all know the punch line.

Hey, life ain't fair. If it was I'd have all of Kloset's pits :LOL: and Rempes board :shock:

Let BW be BW. If he crosses the line, then lock and load, until then stand down.

I yield the forum.

Griff said:
Dats

I'm glad to see your avatar is back.

Griff

It was a quandry for a while. I've always stood up for anyone I thought was getting a bum rap, even from childhood. Locked a bully in his locker once decades ago in Jr High. That was fun! Not that I'm biggest guy on the block in physical stature by any means.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but being stupid isn't against the law. And in my line of work I come across many stupid folks. But, in my line of work I have an ethical and legal obligation to protect those folks I come across. But not here, not in this enviroment.

I usually just ignore the idiots. Trueth be told, some them think I'm the idiot.

I was thinking earlier that this whole BW thing had gotten out of hand. Put up a poll, should BW be excommunicated type nonsense? What troubled me was that it was from some of the folks that I've come to respect.

Back in the Viking days there was a thing called the "ALL THING", where you could call some one out and the particpants (land owners) would vote and that would be the end of it. It was up to the victorious party to collect on the judgement, if any. No appeals, no forgiveness. The poll thing struck me as being kind of like that only that there are no "Landed Barons". Making more of a popularity contest than a real trial.

To that end, I stood up for the man. No regrets. I'm sure he's not the next coming of Christ, but he ain't the devil either. All men have thier crosses to bear. I wasn't about to have BW crucified because he offended someones sensibilites.

The Raciest card was played*. In my opinion, the evidence didn't support that. I read all of BW 600+ posts. Now, I'm not the Boss or a moderator. I think they perform their duties well. I'm just a member who has voice, for the time being.

I hope this post will be the end of this, but I fear it won't.

* I had no less than 10 EEO complaints filed against me when I commanded troops. Talk about a witch hunt. Not one was ever forwarded for "further review or charges" cause they were simply an attempt at intimidation. I'm the most color blind guy you'll ever meet.

HOW ABOUT THOSE COWBOYS, er SEAHAWKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom