Off-Topic Sasuage...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I always root for the underdog. Don't like his posts, don't read 'em. Don't reply to 'em. Seems like there seems to be a bit of thin skin among the board faithfull. Puff has the pills, take a couple. 8)

DATsBBQ said:
Guess I always root for the underdog. Don't like his posts, don't read 'em. Don't reply to 'em. Seems like there seems to be a bit of thin skin among the board faithfull. Puff has the pills, take a couple. 8)

I hear they're pretty good :LOL:

DATsBBQ said:
DATsBBQ said:

I hear they're pretty good :LOL:

I'm doing a Finney :P

Well Dats can't believe you turning State's Evidence here..I thought me and you was tight :( I never miss none of your stuff..sniff sniff. I skip over a lot of other nonsense. Must be the Clint Eastwood Avatar..he's one of my favorites. Color me..dissapointed to say the least..course all the shrinks say I dont make friends easy..so I guess that's normal. Griff stays constipated a lot I can tell. It bound to be all the whale blubber intake. Or maybe it the old frozen toilet deal. Who knows? I'm still waiting for the poll. Let's do it. To coin a phrase used up in Utah a few years back.

bigwheel

DATsBBQ said:

After getting stomped for reacting in public before, I've communicated some of my concerns by PM, to Greg and to BW. BW's bullying behavior tamed down for a while but it has crept back. For example, the "Eubonics" references in recent days (that's "Ebonics," by the way) are starting to try my patience. I don't enjoy pulling up my unread posts and finding racism and similar blanket prejudices, or ethnic slurs and similar verbal abuse. I don't think any of us -- or at least the majority of us -- want the board to be a hateful place.

--John

bigwheel said:
Well Dats can't believe you turning State's Evidence here..I thought me and you was tight :( I never miss none of your stuff..sniff sniff. I skip over a lot of other nonsense. Must be the Clint Eastwood Avatar..he's one of my favorites. Color me..dissapointed to say the least..course all the shrinks say I dont make friends easy..so I guess that's normal. Griff stays constipated a lot I can tell. It bound to be all the whale blubber intake. Or maybe it the old frozen toilet deal. Who knows? I'm still waiting for the poll. Let's do it. To coin a phrase used up in Utah a few years back.

bigwheel

DATsBBQ said:

:scratch

Turning States Evidence? Seems like I'm the only one who has stood up for you. Care to argue that?

Screw the poll. I've scanned your 600+ posts. Your Ft.Worth humor is ok by me. Not the prettiest gramer I've seen. Your intent, when taken as a whole, is to better the world of Q. Now I don't really care what the pin heads vote. This board ain't a democracy as you pointed out earlier, it is ruled by our benevolent dictator Gregus Rempus. If he were to ban you, then I'll stand by you and move on.

More than likely even give you some friendly fire should you lock horns with a mod in the future.

My Avatar's been removed in a show of support for you. And will stay removed until I either get the boot or there is some sort of closure on this issue.

While I don't much like Texans (alot of personal history we don't need to go into here), I think that you've gotten a raw deal most of the time.

To hell with the poll, and I won't vote should a poll be placed.

So dig your heels in. Remember the Alamo or whatever it is that gets your dander up.

Ilegtimus Noncorundum or something like that.

Unity said:
After getting stomped for reacting in public before, I've communicated some of my concerns by PM, to Greg and to BW. BW's bullying behavior tamed down for a while but it has crept back. For example, the "Eubonics" references in recent days (that's "Ebonics," by the way) are starting to try my patience. I don't enjoy pulling up my unread posts and finding racism and similar blanket prejudices, or ethnic slurs and similar verbal abuse. I don't think any of us -- or at least the majority of us -- want the board to be a hateful place.

--John

John,
Care to elaborate. You can PM is you're more comfy with that.
Thanks
Dave

DATsBBQ said:
Unity said:

--John

John,
Thanks
Dave
Sure, Dave, you apparently weren't tuned in back in September when my irritation overstepped the bounds. Read through the first couple of pages of http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=6154 for some examples of ethnic slurs. Racism is apparent in the "eubonics" remarks in several threads, and in the Fort Worth neighborhood comments of about a week ago in http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?p=101735 . In addition, constantly identifying people by national origin, in uncomplimentary or mocking terms -- for example, I don't think most Americans of Italian descent like to be called "Eyetalians" -- seems completely unnecessary unless the intent is to belittle.

A little bit of this kind of stuff in isolation can be overlooked. A steady diet of it is poisonous.

--John

I was gonna stay out of this, but what the heck...Ive got no problem with BW...I dont see him as any more of a ball buster than anyone else... Its all entertainment...There's been much more hatefull comments made to others that weren't taken personally and were taken in good fun, but it seems when he does it, it starts a big hallibaloo...

Unity said:
DATsBBQ said:
Unity said:

--John

John,
Thanks
Dave
Sure, Dave, you apparently weren't tuned in back in September when my irritation overstepped the bounds. Read through the first couple of pages of http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=6154 for some examples of ethnic slurs. Racism is apparent in the "eubonics" remarks in several threads, and in the Fort Worth neighborhood comments of about a week ago in http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?p=101735 . In addition, constantly identifying people by national origin, in uncomplimentary or mocking terms -- for example, I don't think most Americans of Italian descent like to be called "Eyetalians" -- seems completely unnecessary unless the intent is to belittle.

A little bit of this kind of stuff in isolation can be overlooked. A steady diet of it is poisonous.

--John

John,
I just read both those posts from strart to finish. Maybe I'm just not PC enough? When I call my uncle a level headed Swede cause the snoose drips evenly from both sides of his mouth, or sing along to Cinnamon Girl or Brown Suger am I being racist? I don't think so.

More to the point, I don't fine "a billion Chinamen" to be offensive.

Can we agree not to agree on this and move on?

Well, I for one haven’t seen the first positive thing that Big Wheel has offered this forum. He continues to pick apart every post that doesn’t start in Texas. Can someone show me where he has been an asset to this forum?

Bill The Grill Guy said:
bigwheel said:
Well I knew the Andouille wasnt worth a flip cuz he didn't mention it being ho made...and using Chef Folse's recipe as a base so that part was a dead giveaway. As far as Mexican Chroizo...it triggers my puke reflexes real quick and being an old S. Texas boy I have sampled way more than enough of the stuff to know I dont like it. Doubt I like it if we was assured the recipe come from Pancho Villa himself. I much rather have Owen's or Jimmy Dean with my blancillos..papas and flour taurpolians. Now maybe Santa Anna had a good version..I aint sure about that. Sides everybody know cops is much more astute than slab savers. Thats how I figgered out all this stuff. It's elementary my dear Watson..elementary:)

bigwheel

Ya know BW, I have sat quietly by and watched you tear apart members on this forum. You are an over bearing, big headed Texan who thinks that the only good flavors and food comes from the big horn state. I have met a lot of Texans over my 42 years of cooking and thank God I have because with your attitude I may have mistakenly drawn the conclusion that everyone from Texas is like you. Hell, I had to re-read your post twice just to figure out what the f^&k you said. Besides being an arrogant SOB, do you offer anything to this forum? So far I have seen you degrade almost every post and member you respond to. (“If’in it aint from the mother land of Texas, it aint worth putting over a hot coalâ€

I think that BW can, and has a lot to offer this board. His delivery just plain sucks! He has posted some recipes here that really sound great and I have 1 I'm gonna try. But does every "F" ing thing have to have Texas being better than anything else or everybody not from Texas being a yankee in it? That $hit is just put in to piss others off!

DATsBBQ said:
John,
I just read both those posts from strart to finish. Maybe I'm just not PC enough? When I call my uncle a level headed Swede cause the snoose drips evenly from both sides of his mouth, or sing along to Cinnamon Girl or Brown Suger am I being racist? I don't think so.

More to the point, I don't fine "a billion Chinamen" to be offensive.

Can we agree not to agree on this and move on?
I'd have guessed that we don't see such things the same way.

"Political correctness" is a so-so idea gone bad. I'm not an avocate of PC. Neither am I one who easily tolerates verbal bullying. But this isn't about me, I merely added my comment to a string of them. A lot of people find BW overbearing to the point of disgust, and it seems apparent that he likes it that way.

--John

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Well, I for one haven’t seen the first positive thing that Big Wheel has offered this forum. He continues to pick apart every post that doesn’t start in Texas. Can someone show me where he has been an asset to this forum?

http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=7167
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?t=6678
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... ht=#100141
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... ght=#99393

Don't have to look too hard.

Nick Prochilo said:
I think that BW can, and has a lot to offer this board. His delivery just plain sucks! He has posted some recipes here that really sound great and I have 1 I'm gonna try. But does every "F" ing thing have to have Texas being better than anything else or everybody not from Texas being a yankee in it? That $hit is just put in to piss others off!

I think if BW can talk in regular english, maybe we wouldn't take to him in a negative way.

Surprisingly, I've stumbled across other boards where BW is a member, and he types just like everyone else :shock: I was wondering if it was really him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom