Now here's a new one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Co worker said his neighbor takes his fire wood and soaks it in his used
peanut oil for about 10 minutes.

Wow, great way to recycle that oil if it really works...I can't see any reason why not....thoughts?

Captain Morgan said:

Wow, great way to recycle that oil if it really works...I can't see any reason why not....thoughts?

I wouldn't do it. Not sure how a grease fire will effect the chimney????

Green wood is a bad idea using in or pit or to heat your home, creosote is a real problem on food or in your chimney. Chimney fires are a bitch.
Jim

Also, what would the smell of burning oil do to the taste of the food? What the hell kind of lunatic neighborhood are you living in Cap'n..........if that is your real name?

Fireplace only you dumbasses! Not for the pit! For the fire place!

Nevermind.

geeze.

There's goes another Morgan Method.

Sorry, Cappy, but like Jim said, it's not good for the fireplace either. I've seen a chimney fire and it's scarry.

Way to go Cap'n. Now what if some kid reads this and starts a chimney fire in his house on Christmas eve? Or, what if some would be terrorist runs down the aisle of a jetliner with flaming oil soaked logs and gets shot by FAM's. What then? [-X [-X [-X

Be thankful he's not your next door neighbor. A chimney fire fueled by burning oil-- #-o [-X

It's really hard for me to comprehend that anyone could be that dumb to risk his family's home and maybe their life by using oil soaked logs to start a fire in the fireplace. Who would want the smell in their house --besides starter logs, fat sticks or paper is not that expensive.

Captain Morgan said:

You can try to light it with burning tires. Once you get the rubber burning you can light anything.

Rich Decker

What kind of Ash? I cut down two Arizona Ash trees some years back and kept the wood for the fireplace. It wouldn't burn until well seasoned and when it was seasoned it had a faint smell like burning plastic. I finally tossed it all out in the woods. There are different types though.

zilla said:
What kind of Ash? I cut down two Arizona Ash trees some years back and kept the wood for the fireplace. It wouldn't burn until well seasoned and when it was seasoned it had a faint smell like burning plastic. I finally tossed it all out in the woods. There are different types though.

Zilla, you didn't by chance get those trees from a mall food court did you?

Back
Top Bottom