Not BBQ but Still Good Eats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gots me a mess of collards on the stove right now for tomorrow with the ham.

There out there just a wallowing in bacon grease with some ham hocks doin the back stoke in there.....bout time to go add some sugar to em.

The hocks fell apart already...low simmer to bedtime, then back on low in the morning....mmmmmm

img_95746_0_f5b5aca98f82a82d0445b950e03c89e6.jpg

img_95746_1_343c37f2e4cbd80324926442f3be086b.jpg

ummm hmmm...loves to use vinegar pepper sauce on that,,,get the
pot likker mixed up well with the vinegar and the sop the corn bread in it!

Oh man!

Yep got to have cornbread for that pot liquor, yummy stuff. sometimes I'll mix collards, mustard & turnip greens together. gooood eatin with smotherd pork chops

Back in my original Illinois home, I grew up most of the way with spinach as the only green we ever had. Then as I was coming of age I discovered collard, mustard, turnip, and kale greens and I haven't been the same since. :D I had some good greens a couple times on our BBQ Tour.
eatdrink026.gif

--John 8)
(I like greens that fight back a little. Spinach, tho I'll still eat it, is just lame. :P )

wdroller said:
Unity said:
Back in my original Illinois home, I grew up most of the way with spinach as the only green we ever had. Then as I was coming of age I discovered collard, mustard, turnip, and kale greens and I haven't been the same since. :D I had some good greens a couple times on our BBQ Tour.
eatdrink026.gif

--John 8)
(I like greens that fight back a little. Spinach, tho I'll still eat it, is just lame. :P )

Have you had Swiss chard?
Yeah, that one slipped my mind. :)

--John 8)
(In earlier days I even tried some wild ones, like pigweed and goosefoot, aka lamb's quarters. ;) )

007bond-jb said:
Anybody try dandylion greens? I've been woundering bout em

I have and they are delicious...
don't pick the full blown leaves...get the young small tender under sprouts...they're good...but not worth the work.

Fiddleheads on the other hand are well worth the work.....too bad they only come in spring and go away so quick.

Back
Top Bottom