Not BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
This isn't BBQ. But for a frigid night in "October" it sure hits the spot.
I was going to grill the chicken but on such a cold day I figured chicken & dumplings sounded better.

Captain Morgan said:
I make my chicken base at home...much better than store bought.

Whenever I make my chicken base at home, it seems to get a burned taste when I try to get it to that "peanut butter" color... :roll:

good looking grub puff..

ScottyDaQ said:
ROFL! I made chcken soup and dumplings tonight too! All from scratch baby ! Well.....sans 1 T chicken base *the Chef's secret*
Looks good Puff!

Scotty laid an egg? Looks good Puff, I like my dumplings like that also!

Well, not bbq either, but my comfort first day of crappy weather dinner...Washed down with a mug of Stoli Rasberry on the rocks...

mrgrumpy said:
Puff said:
Finney said:
Puff said:
Finney said:
Looks great Poof... but this southern boy needs "rolled out" dumplings. ;)
Rolled out?

Yeah... you roll them out and cut them
Never had them that way, I'll have to try it ;)

Yeah... they remind me of lasagna nooldles... I like the northern fluffy style myself....

Bill

No they don't. :? Those ARE noodles. I'm talking dumplings. :D

Finney said:
What kind of Yannkee DA are you? LOL You don't put carrots and celery in chicken and dumplings. :roll:

Yankee? You know where I was raised! Besides, I've been below the MDL all my life. DON'T CALL ME NO DAMN YANKEE, IT'S MAKING ME COLD!! :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
What kind of Yannkee DA are you? LOL You don't put carrots and celery in chicken and dumplings. :roll:

Yankee? You know where I was raised! Besides, I've been below the MDL all my life. DON'T CALL ME NO DAMN YANKEE, IT'S MAKING ME COLD!! :LOL:

Larry, you could only wish! :LOL:

I did use a little broth. All I had was white meat.
Carrots and celery..........ah..........no :shock:

Did anyone catch America's Test Kitchen this morning on PBS. They made Chicken and Dumplings with celery and carrots! It's a stew! Looked pretty good!

My grandmother makes chicken and dumplings quite often. She starts off by boiling a chicken. Then pull the meat from the bones and add back to the water. Then she makes up a dough like for her homemade biscuits.....self-rising flour, milk, and lard or shortening. Mix it together until you get a biscuit dough consistency and then roll out on a floured surface. Cut with a bread knife and drop one by one into the boiling chicken and stock.

allie said:
My grandmother makes chicken and dumplings quite often. She starts off by boiling a chicken. Then pull the meat from the bones and add back to the water. Then she makes up a dough like for her homemade biscuits.....self-rising flour, milk, and lard or shortening. Mix it together until you get a biscuit dough consistency and then roll out on a floured surface. Cut with a bread knife and drop one by one into the boiling chicken and stock.
That's what I'm talk'n bout. ;)

Back
Top Bottom