Norton Anti Virus Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm trying to do a "Live Update" on my Norton Anti Virus 2006 that I downloaded two days ago. I keep getting this message when I try to do the update.

Connecting to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com...
Downloading catalog file, not available.
Connecting to liveupdate.symantec.com...
Downloading catalog file, not available.
Unable to connect to host
LiveUpdate could not retrieve the catalog file of available Symantec product and component updates. Please verify that you are able to connect to the Internet and run LiveUpdate again.
LiveUpdate session is complete.

I've been on the Tech Support in INDIA the past two nights and there's a big language barrier and I'm getting no where. I know there's a computer person here that can help. Please some one help!!!
[/i]

Scotty,
Thanks, I've been on hold with India for over an hour. I'm going to bed. Check your e-mail and PM. Thanks.

Larry Wolfe said:
Scotty,
Thanks, I've been on hold with India for over an hour. I'm going to bed. Check your e-mail and PM. Thanks.

You might want to check on their brisket technique while you have them on the phone.

you can thank Jack Welsch, GE, for the India routine GE was literally building citys and infrastructure in India because of the low cost of the operation.. [-X pundits state he could have done it here in the states in the same way, same cost ... :idea: Went through the same Symantec gyrations 2 weeks ago all i kept on telling them is that i could'nt understand em and I wanted to talk to someone else, finally after 2 full days got someone who spoke real, non curried English #-o

bob

curried English :lmao: Let me guess Larry that you have a Dell?

Has anyone else read all these post in curried english? :razz:

No kidding, I can't understand those folk either. I have a Dell and had a problem a few years back, I said " I need to speak to some one that speaks English" The dude hung up on me. (pricks) :)

about 3 years ago GE set up US operations to completely interface with India operations.... they had American managers shipping all data and documents to India, for "intergration" purposes... they said it would be a slow process and would take years.. mangers were doing their jobs as directed , about a year after that, GE "layed off" all those mangers who were shipping work to India.. Their intergration attempt failed miserably....they had to recall all the mangers to do the work becuase curryland just aint up to snuff... most mangers had gotten other jobs =D> surprise surprise GE

Blaze1024 said:
Better yet uninstall Windows chuck it in the trash where it belongs, Install Linux and never worry about Virus’s, Spyware or unreliable computers ever again.

I admit it I am a recovering Windows User. My home has been windoze free for over a year.
and it’s the first time my computer has run for a year without a single lock up or crash :happyd:

Sorry to say that there are *plenty* of viruses for Linux, and there are plenty more to come.

Yup. Another cool thing is that even if a Linux system is infected ... it will usually only infect kill the account that it came in on and not the entire system. =D>

Anyway...back on topic...I've been PM'ing with Larry, and gave his some stuff to try with his Norton when he gets home from work.

TexLaw said:
Bruce B said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1ksukndb]Scotty,

You might want to check on their brisket technique while you have them on the phone.

Brisket technique in India? Yeah, that'll be an interesting conversation. :D

TL[/quote:1ksukndb]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ScottyDaQ said:
The Lulu Master ....well, his computer at least .... has a clean bill of health.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I cannot thank you enough Scotty for spending 3 plus hours working on my computer last night!! Your help is greatly appreciated! You are DA MAN!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom