No bar tab this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allisonandrews

Senior Cook
Last weekend was my birthday. That meant, it was a get trashed twice weekend. Did a reasonable job the first night up at the pub we normally go to. Strictly drinking beer.
The next night we went to another bar to see a concert. It was country music, but they were a fun group that we had seen at a previous music fest. Well, hubby's friends showed up. One was nice and bought me a shot of tequilla for my birthday. Thank you. The other guy is a jerk most of the time so he spent the rest of the night buying 3 shots at a time, one for him, one for the other friend, and one for my husband. Ok, ignore the birthday girl. Well, hubby caught on, so he would buy me shots of jager (as I've probably mentioned before, I love jager.) I kind of compensated for being ticked off by watching the concert, ignoring them, and drinking a bit faster than normal. Needless to say, half of that night is gone and I didn't feel the best the next morning.

But that isn't the worst part - that's just a normal weekend. I checked our bank statement on Monday to see the damage. $9 and $60. Not too bad for having shots. (We had to pay twice because of the concert.) Well, my mother calls me the next morning and asks if we spent some money at the bar. I said yes. And she said, "A lot??" Well, I couldn't remember the exact amounts, so I opened up my statement online and there was a debit for $2200.00 from the bar. Yikes!! Not only did it wipe out our account totally, but it also dipped into my parent's savings account. (That is why she was calling me.) It took a couple of days but they got it straightened out. They say when they were manually entering in the tip, something went wrong. A $2200.00 tip on a $60 bill?? You've got to be kidding me! It still makes me cringe.

So, this weekend is camping at the lake and no trips to the bar. I do have my bottle of jager stashed though!!!

Hope everyone has a happy forth! I've got a little less than 2 hours before I head out of here...

Ouch...Well, sounds like you had a good b-day and a story to tell every year when your bar tab comes on your birthday...

Actually, my story from that weekend used to be that I walked in on the bass player peeing in the women's bathroom. That was funny. Now I've got another one that is only funny because everything got resolved. Still, we have not decided if we will return to that bar or not.

Id go back once and give them a chance to make it up to you !!! Nothing wrong with free Jager !!!

Yeah, if it were a small bar, like the pub that we go to, I would go back. But this is the bar across the street from the university that has dollar night tuesday and everything like that to stay packed with the college crowd.

If they would have tried to notify us some way, we wouldn't be so upset. Instead, we had to go up there twice to see if they were doing anything about it. The second time we were there, someone told us that the owner had noticed it the previous day. You just can't get back that day where we had no money - horrible feeling. Yes, we had the credit card, but just the scare of being wiped out completely. That is almost mine and my husbands salary combined for the entire month, gone in one day.

Puff said:
Griff said:
My personal demon is tequila.

Griff
You know what , I forgot one!
Can't go near it #-o
They don't call it tekillya for nothing. #-o
I haven't touched the stuff since college. Pepe Lopez $5 a bottle.....I dry heave just thinking about it.

wittdog said:
Puff said:
Griff said:
My personal demon is tequila.

Griff
You know what , I forgot one!
Can't go near it #-o
They don't call it tekillya for nothing. #-o
I haven't touched the stuff since college. Pepe Lopez $5 a bottle.....I dry heave just thinking about it.
1 Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila.....Floor #-o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom