new toy, sorta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
When i built my house 6 years ago i told my wife I wanted to splurge and buy a nice gas cooktop. Well we bought one of these:
http://images1.hdpi.com/product_enlarge ... 8345AD.jpg
Biggest mistake i made building the house. The other day i was talking to my redneck enginering expert uncle and I was telling how sorry the cooktop was, (only 7500btu, a simmer burner is 6500btu) and that I was wanting a new one. I could not boil water. Then he googles a couple things, tells me to get the orifices and meet him at his shop. 10 minutes later, I am cooking with 1300btu. The cooktop works perfect, now I can boil water for pasta and saute like I have always wanted. I am a happy boy now. Just so excited, I had to tell somebody. Tim

Tim, I'm not smart guy but you lost a lot of BTU's in your modification if I am reading this right...did you mean 13,000BTU?

I wonder if that would work on my gas grill which is way down on heat. I has cast burner heads.

John A. said:
I think someone from here did that on their gas grill, JB was that you?

I done it on my charbroil grill. My Dacor 6 burner cooktop has 3 13500btu & 3 15000 btu burners

Blue Star makes grills with 13 to 22.5k btu burners A 22.5 is what ya want for stir fry & blacking fish

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom