New Orleans Nectar Cream Soda Float

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
The other night after enjoying that delicious frosty Root Beer Float Old Fashioned Root Beer Float | I got to thinking about another deliciously cool treat. A Nectar Cream Soda Float. I haven't had one of these in even longer than the last root beer float. I knew of really only one place that was supposed to have the main ingredient for this and they were out with no idea of when they'd get more. That ingredient is the New Orleans Nectar Soda Syrup and it's kind of hard to come by.
I checked several other supermarkets and still no luck. After a couple of days I decided to just make my own syrup. Last night while I was grilling dinner I made the syrup and set it aside to cool. Now after having that delicious meal of grilled fish and having that syrup sitting there I was compelled to make myself one of those nectar cream soda floats.
I ended up with just a little less than a quart of this syrup which is going to come in tastily handy.
img_258877_0_dd25c2a1c8ec7e9c1166a9c490b64355.jpg

Now this isn't too much different from making a root beer float just different flavors.​

1 ounce Nectar Soda Syrup
5 ounces seltzer water (club soda)
2 scoops vanilla ice cream(or vanilla frozen yogurt)maybe more
Whipped cream for garnish
In a tall glass, mix 1 ounce syrup with 5 ounces cold seltzer water or club soda. Place ice cream into a float or heavy glass. Pour soda mixture over ice cream. Garnish with a splash of whipped cream and a cherry on top.
img_258877_1_c161ac2680dddc547afc5b3a700ff347.jpg

Man, that was good!
Here's one for you.......
img_258877_2_b70628153eb82518fd9a85c30d00c690.jpg

Back
Top Bottom