New Logo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks like the beginnings of the works of Patrick from Hot Spot graphics... He does excellent work. He did my logo in a matter of a couple of hours and a few emails back and forth.

Looks great Ed.. go with it!

Gary

PS.... to H*ll with what the SPCA might think :taunt:

Don't like it a bit. I don't hate pigs, and I don't want to kick their ass. I just want to eat em. Seriously, don't like it a bit, and that's said with some of my closest friends saying they like it.

I really don't like it.

At all.

Really hope you re-think that.

I didn't mind it when you were just kicking his ass, now your kicking his ass into a blazing fire. That's a little over the edge. :eek:

Ed,

When you can't please everyone else... just please yourself.. tis true for BBQ as well as logos.

I like it.. Kick that pigs ass right on the smoker!

Gary

Logo

I am sorry if my new logo offends anyone. But, kicking his butt is mild compared to how we cut their throats when we kill them before we eat them. I look at it as a cartoon, nothing else. We DO have to KILL them before we eat them!!! That's why God made them for us.
Ed

I'm not offended, it's your logo. We got to the top of the food chain by kicking something's ass. I think the idea of animals kicking each others ass though is funny and eye-catching. Cow kicking a pigs ass, pig kicking a chickens ass.

I honestly do not see anything wrong with it and kinda like it! Go for it Ed! You're never gonna make everyone happy! BTW, who cares if anyone likes it, it's your money that's paying for it! If you like it thats all that matters!

Idiots

Out of all of the forums and the hundreds of people that responded to my KICK ASS logo, you and only one other person did not like it. I guess that logo is a hit within the BBQ community.
And, yes, most of us are idiots and probably proud of it.
Lighten up Jim, it's BBQ, we are not scientists here.
I was going to have the Hillbilly doing a reach around and cutting that pigs throat, but I thought I would be nice.
Have a GREAT day!!!!!
ed

Typically I'm not to fond of any of the cartoon logos, but I like yours. When you look at it, it makes you smile and it is your logo. My problem with the cartoon logos is that they are very expensive to have them embroidered or silk screened, there are a lot of colors and a high thread count. Good luck with your logo and go kick some butt.

Rich

www.lostnationvt.com

Jim Cook said:
I think it's really important how the general public
views the BBQ community.
What do you think your logo says about you ?
Do you really think some cartoon character kicking a pigs ass
will make them hungry for a pulled pork sandwitch ?
People work hard year round trying to run a catering business.
Others scrimp and save so they can do the Comps in the summer.
Please show some respect for the rest of us and dont make us
look like complete idiots.

No offense Jim and please don't take this as a personal attack. But if someone is offended with that logo and/or thinks less of someone wearing a shirt like that, then they are the one with the problem. How on earth is that shirt offensive? You ask, "What do you think your logo say about you"?, I would think someone wearing that shirt, has a sense of humor and takes a passion in what he likes to do, "BBQ". It's one thing if you just don't care for the logo, but to actually be offended with it is just absurd.

Stepping in:

Just to make sure this doesn't spin in to something...

Kick Ass aksed what we thought of the logo. If you are going to ask how others view it then you will get all kinds of answers.

In the future, to avoid any "situations" just post a picture of the logo and say "here it is"...then no one has been asked to comment and if someone jumps on you about it then you can fire back.

I'm sure Kick Ass knew what he was getting in to when he asked for everyones thoughts...everyone will see it differently...proof is in this thread alone! :!:

Back
Top Bottom