New Google Browser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I downloaded it, tried it for a few minutes, and didn't particularly like it. I'll give it a better trial this weekend. So far, I don't see anything that would make me switch from Firefox.

I am trying it out...I started using Safari for Windows a while back and really like that.

The one thing I don't see is how to get to the homepage on the new Chrome browser. Also, Safari has a better "look" to the pages.

Dkoster said:
For me it was speed, and simple thing is I always have at least a half dozen web pages opened in tabs. Over time (Sometimes I don't shut my browser down for over a week) there are memory leaks that start chewing up available memory and your computer slows down drastically, the google search engine has taken this out of the equation. (Before I started up Buster Rhino's I owned a very large web design and programming company).

What's the RAM comparison between the two?
What's your installed mem and what's your swap/page file size?

Just curious.
;)

11. Content licence from you
11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content, you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

:shock: :roll:

Greg Rempe said:
I am trying it out...I started using Safari for Windows a while back and really like that.

The one thing I don't see is how to get to the homepage on the new Chrome browser. Also, Safari has a better "look" to the pages.

Go to tools -> Options -> Basics -> and look for the checkbox that says show home button on the toolbar.

I'm still getting used to it, Firefox has been a staple for the last year or two, it's going to take some getting used to.

This a.m. I said I'd wait a while before trying the Google browser, and I made it until evening. :oops: :LOL:

It looks promising, like it'll be a reasonable alternative to Firefox by the time it gets out of beta.

Except something weird is happening as I type this message. If I go back to correct or add something, it writes over what was there, and then the written-over stuff reappears later. Weird.

--John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom