Need to learn my ABT's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
I want to try ABT's to get ready for the Super Bowl. What are you guys stuffing them with besides cream cheese or velveta? Just tryin to get some extra fillings to try out when I make em'. Thanks. db

Also, Last time I smoked Bacon wrapped dogs it took forever to get the bacon done...Does it really take that long for the bacon to finish? Thanks. db

if you've never done em before, best go with the classic....cream cheese (I
sprinkle rub on mine), pulled or chopped pork with a sweet vinegar
sauce, and wrapped in bacon....simple and delicious.

Captain Morgan said:
if you've never done em before, best go with the classic....cream cheese (I
sprinkle rub on mine), pulled or chopped pork with a sweet vinegar
sauce, and wrapped in bacon....simple and delicious.

Damn that sounds good Cap. Ill have to give that a try. Ive got a few different recipies to try.......Man this might hurt. :LOL:

DB I've looked everywhere and can't find it, but SurfinSapo had a video of some cream cheese and crab meat ABT's. I believe it was 8oz cream cheese, 8 oz Lump Blue Crab and a tbsp Suckelbusters Hoochie Mama. I did traditional cream cheeses PP and some rub, but the lump crab sound great. I'm sure if you are interested Sapo can tell you.

Here's mine...

1 Pint cream cheese.
1 Cup of finely chopped smoked meat ( pork, beef, chicken, turkey)
1 Tablespoon Horseradish
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped onion
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
1 Tablespoon BBQ rub
1 Tablespoon finely chopped scallions
Salt & pepper to taste.

I usually mix up some cream cheese and some shredded and sometimes will chop up some little smokies or crumble up some cooked sausage if I have it.

Well I can assure you Bleu Cheese will be in the mix somehwere. Thats my favorite.

Thanks to everyone. Still have the question of: Should I cook the bacon a bit first?

Ill probably go with a higher temp cause I think that was my problem last time. Thanks again everyone. Ill get pics as soon as cook some up....Most likely this weekend.

I dont understand this sour cream fetish. Just marinate up some thin pork loin slices in Kikkomann for a few hours and roll em up like newspapers and put them on the inside of half a seeded jap. Cheap bacon and a light layer of rub on the outside and cook till done. Yum yum. Now them is Januine Cowtown Wolf Turds. No cheese involved in the operation at all. Yall worse than them Frog Eating Frenchies on that cheese bizness:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I dont understand this sour cream fetish. Just marinate up some thin pork loin slices in Kikkomann for a few hours and roll em up like newspapers and put them on the inside of half a seeded jap. Cheap bacon and a light layer of rub on the outside and cook till done. Yum yum. Now them is Januine Cowtown Wolf Turds. No cheese involved in the operation at all. Yall worse than them Frog Eating Frenchies on that cheese bizness:)

bigwheel

I gotta agree with this, not that I have anything against cheese. But if you use the right cheese it doesn't take much to do the job.

Justaguy said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I gotta agree with this, not that I have anything against cheese. But if you use the right cheese it doesn't take much to do the job.

Your statement makes no sense. BW doesn't want any cheese, you say use the right cheese. Please clarify!

Point of order.... Who the hell said ANYTHING about sour cream...other than the Ezra laden BW? :roll: :LOL:
If he's referring to cream cheese as sour cream...then that doesn't make sense. Sour cream is NOT a cheese!
Cheese belongs in ABTs (IMHO)

I meant I like cheese (it definitely belongs in them), I was more talking about the ones that don't have the meat addition.
Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself, since I'm trying to cut back on the saturated fat.

Back
Top Bottom