Need a little help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Please click on the news link here and vote NO on the poll. This judge is trying to change Cape Hatteras NC in a very negative way because of one incident. This will effect buisness's and the community of Cape Hatteras. Avid fishermen will suffer if this ruleling takes affect. PLEASE, click " Related LinksPoll: Agree With Ruling? "http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1605849/ and vote NO. Thanks.

Judge Halts Beach Driving on Cape Hatteras National Seashore

Posted: Jul. 18 11:24 a.m.
Updated: Jul. 18 8:41 p.m.

Hatteras — A federal judge has put an immediate stop to all beach driving on the Cape Hatteras National Seashore.

In an order filed Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Terrence Boyle said the National Park Service, the Department of Interior and towns along the Cape Hatteras National Seashore need to create an off-road vehicle plan for the beaches.

Until that happens, off-road vehicle driving is banned from the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse north to Oregon Inlet and south to Ocracoke.

Cape Hatteras park officials, however, are not enforcing the order while they try to get an interpretation of Boyle's ruling.

Some areas on the beach are closed because of wildlife sanctuaries, which have nothing to do with the order, Seashore Superintendent Mike Murray said. And there are enforceable regulations prohibiting motorists from driving on sand dunes, speeding and driving drunk.

Boyle's order was based on a criminal case that began over the Memorial Day weekend. In that case, Vasile Matei was accused of operating a vehicle without due care.

During Matei's trial, Boyle questioned the lack of off-road vehicle rules that the Park Service can enforce. In Wednesday’s order, Boyle said the lack of rules endangers both beach-goers and endangered species that live on the Cape Hatteras National Seashore.

According to the National Park Service, piping plover chicks forage and rest in the area.

Reporter: Mike Charbonneau
Web Editor: Kelly Gardner
Copyright 2007 by WRAL.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Thanks guys and gals. I hate to see a family tradition destroyed by one persons ideals. KEEP voting.

We need a BOT to vote all night long on behalf of those who agree but are in bars tonight.

:roll:

That sux...our old city council tried to do that here and we voted them out...federal judge is different..driving on the beach is Fun!!!

Someone told them!!! When I did it last night I watched the No vote count increase each time, today it only increased by one no matter that I tried another ten times. Who's the dirty rat :?: :evil:

Back
Top Bottom