Nawlin's--where to eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loomis1228

Cook
I'm heading to New Orleans tomorrow and will be down there until Friday night. Any particular place to eat that is a "not-to-miss" kind of place?

I would appreciate any reccomendations!

Jesse

Well it all depends on what kind of food you are looking for. I will throw out a few places I like to go to. Acme oyster house, Deanies, Desire Oyster Bar,Mother's these are all very casual seafood and po boy places to eat. By all means go to cafe de monde and have a order of beignets and a cup of coffee. If you are looking for more upscale places try Bourbon House, Brennan's for breakfast, G W Fins, Red Fish Grill but make sure you have a good limit on credit card for these places. I have eaten at all the mention places and really like them. There are all kind of places in N O to eat that I didn't mention. Oh yeah if you want a muffaletta by all means go to Central Grocery. All these places are in the French Qtrs or in walking distance of it. Hope this helps.

See if you can get into Nola's and have the 5 course special. Sometimes you can walk up and sit by yourself without a reservation at the food bar and watch the chefs cook. They will hand you stuff over the counter for free if you oooh an aaah a lot while they are cooking.

Hello everyone,

I got back from New Orleans last Saturday and was completely worn out. The 2 1/2 days that my wife were down there, we really only ate one thing that clearly stood out and that was NOLA (one of Emeril's resturants). The food, the service and the atmosphere was fantastic. I would HIGHLY recommend this place. The prices were reasonable and we throughly enjoyed it. My wife had the shrimp and grits (with lots of bacon and cream!) and I had the buttermilk fried chicken with country cream gravy over sweet potato mash.

I did hit the HUGE ASS BEERS a time too many and ended up with a very serious hangover the next day. I will also say that New Orleans will make you want to do some very dirty things!! :oops: I bet lots of babies are conceived there on a daily basis. Our hotel was on the corner of Canal and Bourbon--so you can imagine where we spent a majority of our time!

Thanks again!

Jesse

Back
Top Bottom