My son Smokes and I am happy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
Gator Pit said:
My oldest son and I are about to go get a whole chicken and some spare ribs. Today is his first officially scheduled practice cook. He will be doing everything himself with my supervision of course. Starting the fire, picking out the meat, preparing the meat, rubbing the meat, and cooking the meat by himself, and cutting/slicing. Did I mention he wants to practice to start his own cook team and compete this year. He has come up with a few cook team names, but hasn't picked one yet. For those of you that don't know my oldest son, his name is Adam and he is only 8 years old. Makes me proud. Next thing you know, he will be designing and building smokers and grills. :D

Outstanding , its always a good thing to hear of folks passiong on thier skills to the next genaration of BBQers. And I have been looking over the Gator Pits web site and drooling who knows maybe one day I can own one for myself . Am looking for a new job as we speak working for family here dont pay that much .

Great news Ritch...I got 3 girlz :-( :-( ...but the oldest (4) does show some interest...she likes to put the Woshti sauce on the meat and carry the tongs! :!:

to be honest with you, I'd love to see his pics of food, but also his kids!
Kids and dogs are great...they're honest, they're funny, and they
keep things in perspective!

Captain Morgan said:
to be honest with you, I'd love to see his pics of food, but also his kids!
Kids and dogs are great...they're honest, they're funny, and they
keep things in perspective!

They do at that dont they . A picture tells it all when it comes to that!!

It's so nice when they enjoy doing what you do. The first time my boy asked if he could help around the prep of a meal was a great day indeed. Now anytime there's something to be cooked (especially outside), he's there and anxious to help.
Makes a Dad proud! =D> =D> =D>

Back
Top Bottom